neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:03 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Good day, gents and gentesses.

Hellcreature is dead, long live Bulldozer. I've got meself a new crew and we are shredding the oldschool hardcore. After 2 months of playing around, we've taken steps for the next level. First of, we built us some new practice space:

Now, I'm going to put my old PC in there. The goal is to be able to record some stuff ourselves to play around with arrangements, recrod some demos etc. Now, I want to take some cash in hand to make this possible. I guess I need some sort of Audo Input device. I have looked some up (the usb variety) and the amount of gear available is simply staggering. Also, I want to get a half decent studio mic for myself. Does anyone have any recommendations in those regards. We do have some recording software, btw.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:21 am 
Goomba
Goomba

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioBox44/

this seems like a good solution for what you're aiming for, especially if you plan on recording drums (it has enough inputs for a kick mic, snare mic, and two overheads). as far as mics go, a 57 will go a long way if you're looking for a mic that can give you a decent sound with micing an amp or doing vocals, i'm not 100% on drum mics but there are various kits out there you can pick up. shure is a pretty decent brand, but if you want to go really fancy and spend some big bucks on a fantastic mic, blue has some great ones (i've used both a baby bottle and a woodpecker before and they sounds amazing). just be wary when it comes to ribbon mics, too much input can break them.

hope this helped in some way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://us.focusrite.com/product-range/saffire

i use this btw

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house