neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maniac Mansion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Alright, I know I've said this before, but that was like...6 years ago, maybe? So, I think this deserves repeating.

I don't think anyone's ever really touched any Maniac Mansion music. Considering what amazing justice the Neskimos did to Monkey Island, it only seems fair to add another Lucas Arts game to their repertoire, and the fact that no one else has really tried to do anything from this game (except I think I've heard maybe Michael's Theme done once by the 1-Ups or something), I think it really has potential.

I dunno, maybe I'm just nerding out about this game because I grew up with it, but it has enough room in there to add your own solo (Hell, the original tracks on a lot of them actually have a sort of solo section in them already, which is kind of surprising considering how limited the technology was for the system).

Anyway, I dunno, it just makes me think that it would be one of the most fun songs to play live, because there's plenty of room to just let you guys fuck around and find your groove for it, and off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that's included in the Neskimos line up that is this jazzy. So, I'd be interested in seeing what Nintendo Metal/Jazz would come out sounding like, haha.

Oh, also:

I could totally see Napalm's Sax fitting into this somewhere.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

Post subject: Re: Maniac Mansion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm 
Technophilic NESkimo
Technophilic NESkimo

So you played this game only on the NES, or on the PC?

I must confess I never played MM. Always meant to, along with Day Of The Tentacle. And Zak McKraken And The Alien Mindbenders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Dr Wily wrote:

I must confess I never played MM. Always meant to, along with Day Of The Tentacle. And Zak McKraken And The Alien Mindbenders.

I've only played it on the NES. I think the PC version has less intense music or something, but it's also uncensored. Like, at one point you can shove Weird Ed's hamster into the microwave, and if you take it out again and show him, the scene smash cuts immediately to your gravestone outside, no further explanation necessary as to why, you know exactly what you did wrong. Weird Ed will fucking bury your ass if you mess with his hamster.

This game is like if Rocky Horror Picture Show and Scooby Doo had a glorious 8-bit baby.

I've played most of Zak McKraken, too. Unfortunately, the emulator I used didn't include sound. Great game, though. I just got stuck on a part where you're in like a giant aztec pyramid on Mars :cookieshuh: and I couldn't find my way out of it.

I've never played Day of the Tentacle. That should really be on my next list of games to play.

But, Maniac Mansion, while it was never a game that I was able to actually beat as a kid, was one of my childhood favorites. I'd just turn that game on and dick around in it just so I could enjoy the music, haha. I wanna say I saw my brother actually beat it a few times (God, that sounds terrible out of context.) but my ending usually involved accidentally setting off a nuclear warhead at the bottom of the swimming pool. Because Fuck The Police.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:07 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Dr Wily wrote:
Day Of The Tentacle.
Day of the Tentacle.

http://www.dwellingofduels.net/dodarchi ... u!-DoD.mp3

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Nameless88 wrote:
Dr Wily wrote:

I've only played it on the NES. I think the PC version has less intense music or something, but it's also uncensored. Like, at one point you can shove Weird Ed's hamster into the microwave, and if you take it out again and show him, the scene smash cuts immediately to your gravestone outside, no further explanation necessary as to why, you know exactly what you did wrong. Weird Ed will fucking bury your ass if you mess with his hamster.

This game is like if Rocky Horror Picture Show and Scooby Doo had a glorious 8-bit baby.

I've played most of Zak McKraken, too. Unfortunately, the emulator I used didn't include sound. Great game, though. I just got stuck on a part where you're in like a giant aztec pyramid on Mars :cookieshuh: and I couldn't find my way out of it.

I've never played Day of the Tentacle. That should really be on my next list of games to play.

But, Maniac Mansion, while it was never a game that I was able to actually beat as a kid, was one of my childhood favorites. I'd just turn that game on and dick around in it just so I could enjoy the music, haha. I wanna say I saw my brother actually beat it a few times (God, that sounds terrible out of context.) but my ending usually involved accidentally setting off a nuclear warhead at the bottom of the swimming pool. Because Fuck The Police.

I fucking LOVED blowing the SHIT outta that place! And yes, I beat it, several times actually, but my favorite part was blowing up various things in the microwave (both on Maniac Mansion AND Zak McKraken)