neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Bogey wrote:
the original 3 pokemon starters + pikachu and Psyduck? Or is something like that too much?


All on the same canvas, or 5 separate paintings?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:34 pm
Posts: 9147
Location: One Day's Brain Flight From Earth
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Bogey wrote:
the original 3 pokemon starters + pikachu and Psyduck? Or is something like that too much?


All on the same canvas, or 5 separate paintings?


same canvas, like, they're together as a crew.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Let me get back to you on that. It shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm low on free time right now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Ahhh, it feels good to paint again.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
I'm piecing together the elements of (what I presume will be) a badass Secret of Mana painting. Little bit of Link's posture for the boy, some of the game's own artwork for the sprite, Sylphid from Legend of Mana, and a stolen sketch of the Mech Rider from the back. Now I just have to figure out the background. I'm gonna try to make it accurate to the game's setting on top of the castle in Northtown, but I'm not that good. I'm also thinking about changing the outfits to show what armor and stuff the party would've had at that point. I always wished the game would show the different outfits, especially once the girl got the Tiger Bikini. So, yeah, there's also that.
Image
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:13 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
holy shit dude. your forms are getting really good.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
S1eepy wrote:
holy shit dude. your forms are getting really good.

way to read

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
holy shit dude. your forms are getting really good.

way to read

i did. it's written rather ambiguously.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14670
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
holy shit dude. your forms are getting really good.

way to read

i did. it's written rather ambiguously.


Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Little bit of Link's posture for the boy, some of the game's own artwork for the sprite, Sylphid from Legend of Mana, and a stolen sketch of the Mech Rider from the back.



:facepalm:


I hope the painting comes out as awesome as you intend.

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 am
Posts: 7581
Location: Madison, Wii
Snifit wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
gimp wrote:
S1eepy wrote:
holy shit dude. your forms are getting really good.

way to read

i did. it's written rather ambiguously.


Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Little bit of Link's posture for the boy, some of the game's own artwork for the sprite, Sylphid from Legend of Mana, and a stolen sketch of the Mech Rider from the back.



:facepalm:


I hope the painting comes out as awesome as you intend.

:facepalm:
i'm aware. however, it's worded as though he drew some of it and grabbed some from the net.
can you read?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14670
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
Actually at no point does he mention anything about drawing. He said he's compiling art. That implies pulling reference material and not creating reference material. It's pretty clear that it's all official art shown, save for the one guy's head on top of Toon Link's body. So no, I don't really see any ambiguity in his wording. Not ragging on Stank's abilities. Dude's an awesome painter. Just saying he's pretty clearly pulling resources from the official sources and not drawing them himself.


S1eepy wrote:
can you read?

nope. :coookieesssss:

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Snifit wrote:
Actually at no point does he mention anything about drawing. He said he's compiling art. That implies pulling reference material and not creating reference material. It's pretty clear that it's all official art shown, save for the one guy's head on top of Toon Link's body. So no, I don't really see any ambiguity in his wording. Not ragging on Stank's abilities. Dude's an awesome painter. Just saying he's pretty clearly pulling resources from the official sources and not drawing them himself.


S1eepy wrote:
can you read?

nope. :coookieesssss:


Yeah, pretty much this, except the confrontational parts. I didn't mean to imply that I was drawing anything, and the pictures only look that way because I removed all the color in Photoshop so they're easier to print and trace.

Love this thing:
Image

Anyways, everybody shut up, the painting is coming along nicely. I just gotta figure out geometric perspective/horizon line/vanishing points. That shit's not easy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
I draw freehand, but I do tonnes of research. I lack a photographic memory so... whatreyagunnado?

What's that tracer thing? I've never seen one before.

Edit: Oh. Why don't they call it a projector? :P

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
When I googled it, I typed "tracer projector" but that's because I knew what it was. It's pretty handy for what I do. It can make a really small picture big and detailed enough to be traced as part of a 16x20 painting. For reference, see my last few paintings: Captain Falcon taken from the F-Zero GX manual, Akuma from Youtube screenshot, and the various cobbled together parts of this painting, which for some reason printed up about 2 inches wide.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 am
Posts: 5674
Location: Quills, Australia
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
When I googled it, I typed "tracer projector" but that's because I knew what it was. It's pretty handy for what I do. It can make a really small picture big and detailed enough to be traced as part of a 16x20 painting. For reference, see my last few paintings: Captain Falcon taken from the F-Zero GX manual, Akuma from Youtube screenshot, and the various cobbled together parts of this painting, which for some reason printed up about 2 inches wide.

yeah that's cool. i used an overhead projector a couple of times when I was working on huge things in school. Great for murals. My teacher convinced me that making mistakes was a good thing though, so I haven't really looked back. It took me a while before I'd even use an eraser, I'm only just comfortable using one now.

*reminisces about pointing enlargers at the wall in the dark room*

_________________
Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 7000
Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
When I googled it, I typed "tracer projector" but that's because I knew what it was. It's pretty handy for what I do. It can make a really small picture big and detailed enough to be traced as part of a 16x20 painting. For reference, see my last few paintings: Captain Falcon taken from the F-Zero GX manual, Akuma from Youtube screenshot, and the various cobbled together parts of this painting, which for some reason printed up about 2 inches wide.

Henry Darger used something like that. Seems useful.

_________________
Don't trust the skull.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:24 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
It was a rough year for me and painting. i completed one amazing piece, which I don't have a picture of at the moment. It was a very large scene full of animals from this children's book i gave the book and the painting to my sister as a gift for her newborn son.

After that, didn't complete much of anything. Had a hard time and gave up on my Secret of Mana painting, though I still may go back and finish it. Like I said before, geometric perspective and horizons and shit were tough. Also got about 75% done with a Skyward Sword painting before leaving it behind because I had no free time and didn't like how it was turning out. i gotta figure out how to correct things like this without having to scrap the whole project.

Anyways, I got bit by the painting bug last night, traced out a few things, and painted them today.

Image
Image

It feels good to complete things.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:32 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline
In-House Sax Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Posts: 4922
Location: The Jungles of Mega Man 5
Y'know what I kinda wanna see?

...I kinda wanna see like, Mega Man curb-stomping a robot master. Just really over-the-top violent and bloody.

_________________
For Great Justice Mirror


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Yeah, you might want to paint that yourself.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:27 am 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Image

Double post for Gemini Man.

( :yeeeeahhhhh: )

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 pm 
Offline
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 2240
Napalm Man wrote:
Y'know what I kinda wanna see?

...I kinda wanna see like, Mega Man curb-stomping a robot master. Just really over-the-top violent and bloody.


Ooh, I might have to get this commissioned, I need to own something like this.

_________________
S1eepy wrote:
i almost didn't want to do it at first, but then i remembered where i put my balls.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
All this Mario Kart 8 has put me in a Koopalings kinda mood.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:49 pm 
Offline
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 2240
Dude, I want to carry your art work at my convention booths.

But failing that, you should get an artist alley booth at a convention.

But if you're too busy, I'd love to take a few of your paintings to ACC8 or Megacon next year or something. I'm not saying I would sell them for a ton o cash or anything, but a few would probably sell for like $20 - $50 depending on the sizes.

_________________
S1eepy wrote:
i almost didn't want to do it at first, but then i remembered where i put my balls.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group