celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: i liek words
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:03 pm 
Resident Poet Laureate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 6193
Location: Seatown.
I've told myself that I will now write more. Like, everyday. Then again, when I tell people that, it doesn't happen. So we'll see. I will dump my efforts here for your amusement/scrutiny. Scripts will be linked in PDFs, everything else, stories or whatever, I'll just copy/paste into a post. Hopefully it will be worth your time.

First, that goddamn script. I'm posting all 3 drafts in question so that you can see the evolution of this thing. For those who didn't catch my rant in the vent thread, I'm in a film class wherein we are making a short movie. I was chosen as the screenwriter, and rightly so. I had to take a really shitty synopsis of a weird story that the professor came up with and turn it into something worthwhile. By my third draft, things were looking passable, so my professor (acting as producer) decided it was time for a shooting script. He and I were supposed to take care of that together, basically just bending my work around the reality of our resources and the vision of the co-directors (also students). Instead, he rewrote the entire story top to bottom without telling me, and started shooting. I called him out on it and he eventually conceded that he fucked up, but that still stuck me on damage-control duty. I rewrote that fucker, but the production had to continue as scheduled as I was doing so. Who knows how this thing is going to turn out. I'm guessing 90% will be garbage and the remaining 10% will the the stuff that I wrote, which won't necessarily be that great either. And for the record, I have no fucking idea why he tried to call this thing "Calendar". See what you think about my title in the latest draft, not sure if it's right yet.

My draft, April 8th:
Professor's horrendous rewrite, April 17th,:
Counter-rewrite/splash attack, April 30th:

Now as a bonus, here's another short script I wrote just for the lulz. It's intended to be completely dialogue-free, and it's only in the second draft or so. Enjoyment may vary.


Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group