neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 am 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

Thats right bitches, I MADE GAMES. 3 so far to be exact.

You can view them all on my profile on Scirra.com: http://www.scirra.com/users/stomphoof

However, should you wish to play one specifically here is what I have.

1) Square Platforms - http://www.scirra.com/arcade/action/285 ... -platforms
- Just a simple platforming game that repeats itself with some soothing music. How high of a score can you get? Most people cannot get past level 1, and there are only 2 levels currently.

2) Falling Blocks - http://www.scirra.com/arcade/example/31 ... s-practice
- In this game, I show a simple falling blocks game where you move your sprite to catch the good blocks and avoid the bad. It was made as a test to see if I could figure out how to actually make something like this. I may do a breakout clone next bwhahaha.

3) Escape from Omega Base - http://www.scirra.com/arcade/action/314 ... -base-beta
- Of the three, this is my favorite. Took me approx 25 hours to create thanks to the help of several people who are named in the credits. Here is the blurb: Can you escape from Omega Base? A simple security guard trapped in a military installation where a science experiment went haywire. Your only wish is to get out, alive. Sprites by myself, Dan Concepcion, Careless Gorodetsky, and Scirra. Music by Under Polaris. Sound Effects by Careless Gorodetsky.

I will have more on the way as I learn my way around the software. Also, I intend to buy the software (as these games were all made with the free version) so I can make things easier on myself and make much LARGER games :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So far I've only played the Square Platform. Good level design, but I have two gripes. When a game is played with a keyboard only the menu should be manipulated with the keyboard as well... A simple space to start/retry at the start and game over menus would fix that real quick. Second, the collision detection is off considerably. I thought I was mistiming my jumps but I tested it out on the very first spike, and noticed the hit was detected even though there were a good 5-10 pixels between the ball and the spike. The ball or hazard can be enlarged a few pixels to correct that or the collision should be corrected. One could say that it increases the difficulty but at the same time it makes the game that much more unintuitive and causes a sense of frustration instead of challenge. The controls felt pretty fluid and the level design is a good challenge. Address those two concerns and I think you'll be golden on that one.

edit: Tried the Escape from Omega Base game.... Y U NO WASD?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Blackman! wrote:
edit: Tried the Escape from Omega Base game.... Y U NO WASD?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

this

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp

There is no WASD because Construct 2 Free has a hard limit of 100 "events" which are the games code. 8 directional movement defaults to the arrow keys and it would take 4 events to change that. However I have zero spare events and thus cannot change it for now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

i just had a look at the possibility of Construct 2 for a project i'm considering and ended up getting Unity - while i don't need anywhere near what it is capable of, switching to a different program once development progressed into deeper complexity would be the worst. Construct Free sounds like a pain in the arse.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house