neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Request Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Okay, this might be a dumb thread. I figured I'd start it and see where it goes or dies. We're all creative at certain things that others aren't. What if we had a thread that just has requests for help or something from others who can actually do it?

I only ask, simply, because I suck ass at any sort of image editing. I'm trying to design a bowling logo for my bowling team. We're named "Basement Dwellers" and I was going to try and incorporate everyone's favorite cartoon/anime character into the logo + the name.

But, again, I suck dick at all photo editing. Is anyone here a badass or something at photo editing? And can someone whip up some logo that has the name and the characters in it? I know, I'm a bitch for even asking, but I really want these to turn out cool and not all sucky. I've tried a few things but I just can't not make it look like a 5 year old's work.

the pictures/characters to be added to logo are

Philip J Fry

Chopper

Krieger

Homer

If someone has the free time, and skill, and want to combine those characters together in some fancy "hanging like a group" way with Basement Dwellers added into it like a team logo...I'd be grateful. If not, then we'll just let this thread sink and die. Cool either way. Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: The Request Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Hm, depends on what you wanna do with the logo. Print it on T-Shirts? Is a simple Shop-Chop enough or do you need scaleable vectors? What about the general look? Put the heads on bowling pins like the Simpsons Pin-Pals shirt (the bowling league episode)? I don't know if I'll find the time (deadlines looming) but if I do, I'll whip something up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Hm, depends on what you wanna do with the logo. Print it on T-Shirts? Is a simple Shop-Chop enough or do you need scaleable vectors? What about the general look? Put the heads on bowling pins like the Simpsons Pin-Pals shirt (the bowling league episode)? I don't know if I'll find the time (deadlines looming) but if I do, I'll whip something up.

My main goal would be printing on a t-shirt or jersey of some kind. Instead of wanting to have heads on bowling pins I was just looking at full body images and them kind of standing around like a group photo to just go on the front (or back) of a jersey....and scaleable vectors? (goes to google...) ummmm...maybe? I mean, them to scale on a shirt just kind of looking like a group photo was my idea. Again, I am complete shit at anything image related on computers outside of being like "WORDS" over a photo

either way, totally thanks for even looking and considering TGFA, even if you don't have the time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:34 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the styles are so different if you don't draw it from scratch it'll look like it was done in ms paint. Making it scalable would mean you could use the same image to print to bigger things like posters and banners, or scale for web stuff.
i'm willing to help but *rubs fingers together*
You should work out exactly what shirts you'll be using from where and what you want on them apart from the logo. It wouldn't hurt to find similar pictures to what you're after, ie group poses and fonts.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Well, if it can't be done, which happens and all, I was just probably going to print one a shirt for each person. So I'd have Homer and each other would have one each. Which is 100% easier for me and probably just easier to get printed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Bogey wrote:
Well, if it can't be done, which happens and all, I was just probably going to print one a shirt for each person. So I'd have Homer and each other would have one each. Which is 100% easier for me and probably just easier to get printed

I don't know... I'd have made something monochrome with all four characters to offset the differences in darwing style but yeah, one per Shirt works too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Bogey wrote:

I don't know... I'd have made something monochrome with all four characters to offset the differences in darwing style but yeah, one per Shirt works too.

I was thinking modify the characters to match up to the real world people, same size lines, same colour palette, same shading. Fair use, looks pro. I assumed you'd get them printed as opposed to just using transfers or something. If you just want those characters dragged onto one image and scaled roughly the same with the name of the team and nothing else I can do that for you this arvo no problem - it'll just look shit. :P

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house