neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:37 pm 
Offline
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:16 pm
Posts: 2258
Location: Cybertron, Canada
To avoid any confusion in regards to what people can or can't do on the NESkimos Boards, here is a complete(ish) list of the rules. Unless specifically stated, it should be taken that all these rules apply to every forum here.


NOTE: THE BELOW RULES STILL APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADMIN, OR IF WE DON'T LIKE YOU :coookieesssss:

1. No trolling, or flaming.
Any form of personal insult is a no-no. As a basic rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it. It boils down to what I posted in the forum rules: "if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it."

I.E. Saying "this is the stupidest thread (or reply) I've ever seen" or "OMG you suck" is considered flaming - unless you've got a good argumet to back it up:

"Your argument sucks, because I think that (insert reason)"
-or-
"I don't agree with you, because (insert reason)"

Constructive criticism. If you want to complain about something, back it up with arguments, points of view, stuff like that. Not merely an insult which lowers moral and ruins the mood in an otherwise fun thread. After all, we're her to enjoy ourselves, no?

2. No posting IM or PM conversations.
This is not only a breach of privacy, but it is also incredibly annoying. Most people are not going to want to wade through an IM conversation you had with someone.

3. No harassing board members.
This goes for either in posts on the boards (see rule #1) or in private messages.

4. No links to illegal downloads or copyrighted materials.
This includes MP3's, games, pirated software, movies, etc.


5. No porn.
No links to pornographic sites or content will be allowed whatsoever. This includes nude cartoons (hentai).
EDIT: "Softcore" nudity is allowed in the "Hot babes thread". I'll leave it up to the community to decide what that means. But I'll delete anything too "hardcore". Why is this? Because the hot babes thread is about hot babes, not hot sex. Mull on THAT for a decade. --Fallout

6. Keep posts in the appropriate forum.
For example, don't post a topic about a concert you sawi in the Serious Discussion Forum.

7. Keep spam to a minimum.
Everyone needs to let off steam at times, but out-and-out spam posts will not be tolerated.

8. Keep posts on-topic.
Don't wander into a thread and post irrelevant rubbish. You wouldn?t like it if someone did it to you.

9. No mouthing off at staff.
If you have a problem with a decision a member of staff has made, PM them.

10. No alternate identities.
This is instantly bannable if we catch you. This includes returning as a new alias after a previous ban. Bans are permanent unless otherwise specified.

11. Keep the swearing to a minimum.
A lot of posters here swear a fair bit in real life; however, you never know how old the next person to read your post is going to be. So try to keep the amount of swearing you use in posts to a minimum.


Comment: Seriously? We had a fucking rule about THIS? Cumslut. -- Fallout

12. No posting of "Graphic Images".
Corpses/dead bodies, mutilated bodies, or any image which can be considered overly sick or disgusting. Posting of these types of images will result in a one week suspension from the boards.

13. No Referral Scams
Do not post free iPOD/XBox360/PSP scams or other similar click me/ point schemes that allegedly get people free shit for doing next to nothing. If you post these Referral link type scams expect to be banned.

14. Don't reply to spambots
It's not funny anymore, and it's just more crap that the moderators have to delete.

Although that seems like a lot of rules, most of them boil down to one simple sentence:
Think before you post.

Thanks for reading, peeps!

Sincerely,
The NESkimos staff

_________________
Image


Last edited by Hook on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Sig pic rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:42 pm 
Offline
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:16 pm
Posts: 2258
Location: Cybertron, Canada
Okay, now on to sig pics:

Only ONE picture per signature.
Any sig with more than one picture, no matter the size, will have it's extra pictures removed.

Sig pics should be no larger than 300 pixels in height.
This is 300 pixels 'up and down'. Pictures can be as wide (left to right) as you'd like, as long as they do not stretch the board on 1024x768 browsers.

Do NOT steal bandwidth from other sites.
Make sure the picture you use is one you host yourself, or that somebody else has uploaded for you. Using pictures directly from other sites will not be tolerated, and you will have your sig removed if we catch you.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Hook on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17390
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
And some Additional Infos:

PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON AND KEEP THE DOUBLE POSTING TO A MINIMUM.

Image

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:06 am 
Offline
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:16 pm
Posts: 2258
Location: Cybertron, Canada
12/08/2005 UPDATE

Whee 'lil update...

Use common sense when replying to a thread... Is the thread older than 6 month old? Yes? Well don't touch it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:25 pm 
Offline
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Posts: 6534
Location: Tallahassee, FL
2/13/07 Update.

See rule 14.

Thank you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm 
Offline
The so-called robot with admin powers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 17390
Location: Deep Within My Room's Darkness
January 28th 2008

Image

_________________
Signature Created By BlackHeart
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:07 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:17 am
Posts: 5970
Location: Brooklyn, NY
New rules make me :coookieesssss: !

_________________
Image
360/PS3/PS4/Steam: basinpup
Fallout wrote:
What the gay?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Offline
Bucket Of Flud
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:53 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Bucheon, South Korea
I just now read the revised rules and lul'd

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:04 pm 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
Hook wrote:
13. No Referral Scams
Do not post free iPOD/XBox360/PSP scams or other similar click me/ point schemes that allegedly get people free shit for doing next to nothing. If you post these Referral link type scams expect to be banned.


wait a second...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Hook wrote:
11. Keep the swearing to a minimum.
A lot of posters here swear a fair bit in real life; however, you never know how old the next person to read your post is going to be. So try to keep the amount of swearing you use in posts to a minimum.


Comment: Seriously? We had a fucking rule about THIS? Cumslut. -- Fallout

<3 Fallout with mouth

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 pm 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
a lil' slow on the update, homies?

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 pm 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
flud was. i just forgot how lulzy some of the updates where and reread them after I saw there was a new post.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:28 pm 
Offline
Bucket Of Flud
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:53 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Bucheon, South Korea
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:25 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
Hook wrote:
7. Keep spam to a minimum.

neeffinia wrote:
Nuclear Medicine Digital Technology
buy phentermine without prescription But that doesn?t mean that medical science can?t give you a helping hand. http://www.denverconvention2008.com/ - low cost phentermine

:cookieshuh:
YOU GOT GUTS, KID, I'LL GIVE YOU THAT :coookieesssss:

DELETED!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:12 am 
Offline
VAN DAMMAGE
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 9336
Location: Gotham City
Quote:
14. Don't reply to spambots
It's not funny anymore, and it's just more crap that the moderators have to delete.


HEY MOTHERFUCKER

:)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:48 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
TheBatman wrote:
Quote:
14. Don't reply to spambots
It's not funny anymore, and it's just more crap that the moderators have to delete.


HEY MOTHERFUCKER

:)

meh :coookieesssss:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:56 pm 
Offline
Angry Star
Angry Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 8668
TheBatman wrote:
Quote:
14. Don't reply to spambots
It's not funny anymore, and it's just more crap that the moderators have to delete.


HEY MOTHERFUCKER

:)


Yeah... You figured everyone would realize they're not being funny anymore, but nope, derpers gonna derp.

I say let the mods do their thing without trying to comment on shit... It just confuses people when the spam gets deleted anyway

_________________
ImageImage
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 am 
Offline
I got bann3ded!!1
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:07 pm
Posts: 21774
I commented on the first wave because i thought it was lulzy. now that it's not stopping, i've been deleting my fair share. Banning powers would help greatly. Since I don't have them, whatever I delete, that bot just post's again later.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:01 am 
Offline
Dragon Slaying NESkimite
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 12842
Location: Seattle, WA
illblamesum1else wrote:
I commented on the first wave because i thought it was lulzy. now that it's not stopping, i've been deleting my fair share. Banning powers would help greatly. Since I don't have them, whatever I delete, that bot just post's again later.


I'll give you banning power.

_________________
xkcd must die.
Nameless wrote:
Do you mind? He's on official trolling business. Very important. :redv:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:45 am 
Offline
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 14669
Location: Confirmed, Sending Supplies
I forgot that ANYONE could post in this thread.

lol cocks :coookieesssss:

_________________
Image
illblamesum1else wrote:
Snifit is the King of Forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group