neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

TheBatman wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
You're talking about Jojo, right?

I kind of like the low budget art style. It's got character, haha.

Low budget art style? :cookieshuh:

You said it was badly animated, I thought that's what you meant?

Maybe I used the wrong wording there.

You know how 80s anime looks kind of campy and dated? I always kind of associate that with like low budget or something, I guess? Jojo sorta reminded me of that, or something.

Also, I've heard about Polar Bear Cafe, and I need to check it out, it sounds adorable, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I just wasn't sure what you meant because there's a difference between the "art style" and the animation. Or at least I personally look at them as separate entities

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah. Yeah, true. I think I just confused the two or something.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 am 
Goomba
Goomba

hey, i was wondering if any of you guys know of a website that streams anime (they only put so much up on netflix and i'm getting bored). also, can anyone recommend any good anime?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crunchyroll is what everyone uses apparently.

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 am 
Bucket Of Flud

SelfishMan wrote:
hey, i was wondering if any of you guys know of a website that streams anime (they only put so much up on netflix and i'm getting bored). also, can anyone recommend any good anime?

Netflix and Huluplus. Also Funimation hosts a lot of their own content.

Crunchyroll too

Nyaa.eu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Crackle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
Thwomp
Thwomp

Just watched Jin-Roh for the first time, it's on Huluplus.

Slow at parts but pretty good at that dystopian feel.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am 
Thwomp
Thwomp

Also double post for this
Nameless88 wrote:
Tonight, our theme was based on WW2, and we watched the first episode of Strike Witches. What in the actual fuck.

Okay, so, you've got school girls, right? Don't wear pants, because...hey, Fan Service, baby! So, there's girls walking around in just shirts and panties.

Only, they aren't girls: they're magic. And when they use their magic powers, they sprout cat ears, and tails.

Also, did I mention they were WW2 propeller planes on their legs that function like some sort of ghetto ass jetpack?

Loli magic catgirls with planes for feet. Fighting aliens. During WW2.

Because fuck you, that's why.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Preeetty much, haha

While on the subject of fan service and military equipment, we watched Girls Und Panzer a few weeks ago, too. It was as terrible as you'd think it'd be.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the basic premise: school girls ride around in tanks. Apparently in their society there's a martial art that women study where they ride in tanks and shit. It's like...a team sport thing.

Anyway, main character of the show, her mom died in a tank accident or something, so she doesn't want to ride tanks. But, her school needs her, because she's the only experienced person in panzers. So, she reluctantly joins.

Also, there's a lot of underaged looking school girls and you can see their panties a lot and shit.

Oh, and their city is on a giant aircraft carrier.

:psyduck:

Also, I assure you guys, the anime club isn't just showing us terrible shit. It's just like once every 2 or 3 weeks, he's like "Hey, let's watch this, because it's bad, and we can all laugh about how terrible it is." And I'm actually enjoying that aspect a lot, haha.

Oh, also, we're going to watch Paranoia Agent all the way through. That'll be cool, because I missed it the first time around when it was on Adult Swim.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:50 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I kinda love Paranoia Agent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I've seen about half of it. I missed a few key episodes, but I got to the point where it was revealed that Little Slugger is the manifestation of people's stress...or something like that. I can't totally remember.

I forgot how much I fucking love that theme song, too. Like, some serious Lion King sounding shit going on there, haha.

Ooh, and the end credits? So good.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 am 
Bucket Of Flud

This past year really sucked.

only good shows

Fate/Zero
Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito
Mirai Nikki

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 am 
Goomba
Goomba

i've been watching shingeki no kyojin lately, and holy shit it's awesome. before that i was able to watch season one of little busters on crunchyroll.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:11 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I saw a pretty decent show a few weeks ago when I was still on campus, we watched the first few episodes of Valvrave the Liberator. Kind of a standard mech show at first, but then it comes out of nowhere with vampires in this bitch. Also, the setting for it is a Dyson Sphere, so I really appreciated that.

Also, I watched the third Evangalion movie, and it was good...but, shit, it got confusing pretty fast.

I forget if I mentioned that earlier.

Oh! I finally watched My Neighbor Totoro. Fuck, it was adorable, you guys. Going to watch Spirited Away with a friend of mine soon, too. I'm pretty excited about that.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Anime club first meeting was tonight, next week we're going to watch Hellsing Ultimate, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Gurrann Lagaan and...I can't remember the last one's name. But, it's a few thousand years in the future, everyone has some rudimentary psychic powers, and there's like a holy protective bubble keeping them safe from crazy monsters outside.

I've already seen some of all of them, but we're going to vote on what we want to watch for the rest of this semester, and all of these choices sound pretty fucking sweet.

Oh, also, we watched a show that came out over the summer, and it was about a swim club and it's very homoerotic. Like, fan service, but with hot dudes instead of jiggly boobs. I think the name of the show is Gay Swim or something? I dunno, haha. I'll post the names once they send out the emails about what we've watched tonight.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:29 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've...heard about that swimming show.

Also, I don't recall the name of that other show either, but I do remember there being a really funny segment on Conan O'Brien where they got someone you wouldn't expect to be a fan of that show (I don't recall who, maybe Tracey Morgan?) to give an incredibly detailed description of it.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I've...heard about that swimming show.

Also, I don't recall the name of that other show either, but I do remember there being a really funny segment on Conan O'Brien where they got someone you wouldn't expect to be a fan of that show (I don't recall who, maybe Tracey Morgan?) to give an incredibly detailed description of it.

It's exactly what you'd expect it to be. Someone in the club was saying that it was originally just a picture, and then tumblr had a sploosh fest over it, and they were like "lol, okay, let's make it into a show."

The amount of times that the one guy's eyes sparkle and he looks like he's about to cry...I think it was about half a dozen times.

Also, that sounds awesome, I'll have to look that up.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Oh! I finally watched My Neighbor Totoro. Fuck, it was adorable, you guys. Going to watch Spirited Away with a friend of mine soon, too. I'm pretty excited about that.

You should be.

Indigo loves Totoro. She has a cat bus!

Howl's Moving Castle, Porco Rosso & Ponyo go go

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I do still think Princess Mononoke is Miyazaki's best movie, but who hasn't seen Mononoke at this point?

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Haven't seen it yet. Also haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, or Ponyo. Or Akira, actually. I feel like I've failed as a nerd that likes anime if I haven't seen those, haha.

Also, last week we watched:
Gatchaman Crowds Gatchaman Kurauzu (ANN) (Wiki)
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (ANN) (Wiki)
WataMote - No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular! Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (ANN) (Wiki)
Eccentric Family Uchōten Kazoku

That last one was probably the best out of all of them. It's about a family of shape changing tanuki, and the world building they've done in that seem pretty good right off the bat.

What we're going to watch next week are:

Hellsing Ultimate Herushingu
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Time JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken
Shin Sekai Yori
Gurren Lagann Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan

Shin Sekai Yori is the one I couldn't remember the name of, and it was pretty awesome from what I saw of it. Basically, everyone is like...sorta telekinetic in the future, and they have a special school for kids to go to to learn their powers. But, if they travel outside of town, there are monsters that just fuck everything up to shit. We watched the first episode, and it was pretty bad ass. We're going to watch it again, so I'm pretty happy about that. Then we're going to vote for one of those four shows to watch the entire series over the next few weeks about 4 episodes at a time or so.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

JoJo is really awesome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:32 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

TheBatman wrote:
JoJo is really awesome

From the 4 or 5 episodes of it I've seen, I would have to agree. I love the art style, and the storyline is awesome, too.

Also, didn't know that WRRRRRYYYYYY came from that show. So, the first time it happened...I think I almost fell out of my chair, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:06 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Guy from work loaned me the complete series of Samurai Champloo. This show is badass. It's like Cowboy Bebop in historic Japan with hip hop music.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Shin Shekai Yori ("From The New World") is fucking awesome so far.

The world they've built for this series...it's insane. Seriously, it's like 20 episodes, and I recommend it to everyone.

I already liked it after Episode 1, but give it about 2 or 3 episodes, it's phenomenal. It takes a very sharp turn at that point, and it's done it again, too, as far as I've watched it. It's fucking great.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next