neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Haven't seen it yet... Or Akira, actually.

As much as I am a huge fan of the movie (either the older english dub or with subtitles), I am well aware of the fact that that movie just runs headlong into the climax of the akira universe, and makes only passing references to really important factions and events. I'm in the middle of other things atm, but I'll be starting to make my way through this pretty soon.

http://www.mangareader.net/101/akira.html
Akira Manga ^

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Started watching Kaiba tonight.

I think it's already becoming one of my favorites. The story, the characters, the art style, the music, everything about it is pretty damn great. Definitely worth watching.

Also, the guy that made this series is going to be guest directing an episode of Adventure Time, so if you watch the upcoming episode "Food Chain" and want more, you should totally check out this show, too.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:30 am 
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Started watching Attack on Titan today. Got 7 episodes in. Now I must finish.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

That theme song fucking rocks, doesn't it?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Still having trouble getting over how good Kaiba was.

Seriously, just check out the opening to this show, it's beautifully done:

I want more people to watch this show so I can just talk about how awesome it is.

Premise is really neat, too: memories can be downloaded and altered, people can make artificial bodies or transfer their memories between organic bodies that have basically had their hard drive wiped on them. The main character wakes up in a body with a perfectly circular hole through the chest, a locket with a girl's picture in it, and no memories.

The art style is beautiful, the soundtrack is fantastic, and the story and characters are really compelling.

I think next on my watch list is going to be Kino's Journey. I've seen a few episodes of it and it's really good from what I've seen.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

If you guys aren't watch Parasyte, you're missing out. This show is the shiiiiit.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:52 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
If you guys aren't watch Parasyte, you're missing out. This show is the shiiiiit.

i'll check it out, been in the mood for a 'new' anime. last i watched was S1 of attack on titan. waiting on s2. . . might be a bit yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:58 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Attack on Titan is going to be forever for it to actually have the next season. Supposedly they're doing a live action movie and a bunch of other stuff in the meantime, though.

Parasyte is based off a manga from the mid-90s, so it's pretty ancient stuff that's finally getting some recognition.

The whole thing is just awesome, too. Like, shit that I'd expect to happen 20 episodes in, it's already happened. Shit escalated quickly, man.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46