neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Yeah man, all of Wrestlemania was awesome apart from Taker's match...that was just sad. Not that he lost, but just the match in general...seeing probably my favorite wrestler of all time flounder like a beached whale left me with some complicated emotions.

But man, Daniel Bryan is one of my new favorites, Shield seems awesome and I loved their super-fast takedown, and the Wyatt Brothers have one of the coolest gimmicks I've seen, enough so that John Cena, who I normally find totally boring, was actually enjoyable to watch. I haven't kept up much with wrestling of recent, but I want to now. Hell, even the Diva match was really exciting, and for athletic reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Yeah man, all of Wrestlemania was awesome apart from Taker's match...that was just sad. Not that he lost, but just the match in general...seeing probably my favorite wrestler of all time flounder like a beached whale left me with some complicated emotions.

But man, Daniel Bryan is one of my new favorites, Shield seems awesome and I loved their super-fast takedown, and the Wyatt Brothers have one of the coolest gimmicks I've seen, enough so that John Cena, who I normally find totally boring, was actually enjoyable to watch. I haven't kept up much with wrestling of recent, but I want to now. Hell, even the Diva match was really exciting, and for athletic reasons.

Wrestlemania XXX was Triple H letting everyone see the youth movement that is coming in super-hard from the WWE. We're in the transition. The WWE is now Bryan, Cesaro, The Shield, Wyatt, etc. all over the place. Orton, Cena, etc will truly be there as staples and help this continue. The new Triple H regime, actually, looks amazing from a talent and in-ring standpoint. The fact they believe in these guys makes it better. The other fact that the old guard understands and is letting this guys look great is even better. The next 5-7 years can be very interesting.

The NXT world Triple H has is even crazier in quality.

Note: As a hardcore wrestling fan who has watched the indies for a decade as well...the guys on the roster to look out for as huge breakouts: Seth Rollins - The Shield (He will be the surprise breakout on par or over Roman Reigns. He'll get into Daniel Bryan territory), Luke Harper - The Wyatts (Brodie Lee is one of the most agile big men ever on the indies. The guy can wrestle and the guy can work, hard. His matches with Claudio Castagnoli *now known as Cesaro* were brutal and impressive. Top big man in a few years), Cesaro (you watched Wrestlemania right? That power? It's normal. He hasn't even scratched the surface of his talent. Search for "Claudio Castagnoli - UFO" on youtube for a crazy move that might show up sometime), Sami Zayn (trained by the masked luchador El Generico), Solomon Crowe (great wrestler formerly known as Sami Callihan), Adrian Neville (nicknamed "The Man Gravity Forgot" for a great reason, formerly Pac), Bo Dallas (Don't stop Bo-lievin' because Bo will Sports Entertain around the world. Bo-lieve that!), *if you youtube any of the names in the parenthesis you should see some highlight video of all of these guys. It's some good stuff here and there.

The only hope I have is that guys with talent that are there now (Big E, Dolph, Wade Barrett) aren't completely lost in the shuffle.

Taker is still a two-fold thing. 1) A man who is in his very late 40s, almost 50, who has went too hard for too long and even once a year takes a very big toll on him. But, he did it for the company. 2) A severe concussion within the first 5 minutes really changed the pace of that. I'm sure the original plan for the match was a lot more hard hitting and a bit better paced than that. But, in an irony that catches up and makes the story of the match, streak, and the last six years even more relevant, time eventually catches up with every man. No matter how immortal he, and everyone else, truly believe he is.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Captain America made me cum everywhere. BlackHeart needs to Cosplay as Winter Soldier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:56 pm 
The so-called robot with admin powers

Crashman wrote:
Captain America made me cum everywhere. BlackHeart needs to Cosplay as Winter Soldier.

Working on it ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Community + Rick and Morty + Archer: Vice = great comedy television

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Hot damn, Snowpiercer is a fine movie. I certainly haven't seen anything like it in quite some time. If you like good, inventive action and worldbuilding, you owe it to yourself to see it.

i'm bumping this. watch it sukkas.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:34 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Been away for a week so I've been catching up on TV I missed.
Holy crap Adventure Time.
That last ep of Parks and Rec was so good, I love Johnny Karate.
Workaholics was insane, that whole scene with the rats... wut...
The third episode of Silicon Valley has won me over, I am really digging it now.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:05 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Louie

I've missed it.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:10 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who watches Once Upon a Time but after the finale, I'm intrigued how the next season is going to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:41 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Nah man, I watch it as well, I was pretty surprised by that ending.
I haven't actually seen Frozen yet though...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:02 am 

You should. It's a pretty damn good movie. Yeah, I'm really interested to see what they do with that since the line between hero and villain is a big part of it. It's gonna be fun.

Also because I fucking loved that movie so...

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:04 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The only weird part about Frozen, to me:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the pacing of the film. It seems like they front-loaded the thing with all the songs and then there is this musical gap that exists for about 30 minutes (until the very end). It was just sort of weird how it went like that.

I only ever mention it, because, it was so noticeable the first time I watched it. I still think it is a great film and is really awesome, but the spacing of music in the film is a bit weird, to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:03 am 

Yeah it definitely feels like something got cut. If you read about the production though they went through so many story drafts so it kinda makes sense. I mostly agree though. It's not perfect, but its damn good. Love that movie.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:55 am 
KSK Mastermind

finally saw Catching Fire. It was pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Steven Universe!

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:11 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

gimp wrote:
Steven Universe!

That show gives me the warm and fuzzies inside. :3

Seriously, it's just such a cute show. And all the characters have so much heart, too, it instantly grabbed me and made me like all of them immensely.

And I really like that Steven and Amythest are both fat, but that isn't their primary character trait. Like, it's just kind of there, but it doesn't define them as a character, you know? A lot of shows will do that, they'll include a fat goofy sidekick kind of character who's just there to be a dumb fat joke. I don't really see that in either of these characters. And if that aspect is there, they keep it to a minimum.

Rebecca Sugar and the rest of the crew are really good at making lovable characters. And I love the art style of the show and the music, too. It's just fantastic, all around.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:16 pm 
KSK Mastermind

finally saw At World's End.

really good and relatable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:

...The Pirates movie?

Or the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie with the... blanks?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 pm 
KSK Mastermind

illblamesum1else wrote:
Crashman wrote:

...The Pirates movie?

Or the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie with the... blanks?

Simon Pegg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Watched the first episode of the English Attack on Titan dub. Never saw any of the show before. Found out the blu-ray came out today. Immediately went out to buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:09 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Watched Muppets Most Wanted tonight. I fucking love the Muppets. If you enjoy the Muppets, Ricky Gervais,Tina Fey, Phil from Modern Family, blink-and-you-miss-it cameos, and music numbers written by Bret McKenzie (which would almost all make sense on Flight of the Concords, but they're sung by Muppets instead), then you'll thoroughly enjoy this movie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Watched the first two episodes of Black Jesus. It's a genuinely good-hearted comedy about a subject that could easily be handled very poorly. It doesn't go anywhere terribly poignant, at least yet, but I think that's kind of why I like it.

I also like that the common "offended" complaint seems to be "This is a terrible way to portray our lord! It's wrong to show Jesus spending all his time hanging out with criminals and prostitutes, being homeless and clashing with authority figures!" :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:00 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I thought Black Jesus was pretty good, a very relaxed comedy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I also like that the common "offended" complaint seems to be "This is a terrible way to portray our lord! It's wrong to show Jesus spending all his time hanging out with criminals and prostitutes, being homeless and clashing with authority figures!" :coookieesssss:

i bet more non-christians know more about christianity than 80% of christians.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

haha morte totally sold it, i'll have to give it a watch

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189  Next