neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:49 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

The new Hobbit movie wasn't bad, enjoyed it much more than the first.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Saw Hobbit in 3D Imax. Smaug looked pretty incredible. Jackson is using better cameras and such and has 60 FPS on his 3d (apparently, everyone else has only been doing like 30). Some people apparently have some bad effects. Not sure if related, but when I got home I was dizzy as hell and totally out of commission all day yesterday.

3d Imax is sweet, though. I had a good chunk of problems with the second film. Oddly, I think the things most would have a problem with I'd have no qualm with, while I'd have complaints others would be more understanding of.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:30 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The Wolf of Wall Street.

I'm going to see "Her" on wednesday (sadly, they stopped showing American Hustle around these parts). Wolf of Wall Street might be a bit hard to top. I went in decently blank on the entire film and came out with a lot of laughs. I know Scorsese originally had the film cut at 4 hours and 11 minutes. I really want to see that cut of the film.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:14 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Saw both the LEGO Movie and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, both were fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Gonna see Cap on Friday. STILL haven't seen the LEGO movie. Is it truly as mind-blowingly great as people say?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:45 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah man, the LEGO Movie far exceeded my expectations(which were already pretty high) and really surprised me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, may be even worth making another thread just for Marvel movies, since they all tie in and it'd be easier to discuss things between them.

I'm considering seeing Muppets over Easter, anybody seen it yet?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:45 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
Yeah, may be even worth making another thread just for Marvel movies, since they all tie in and it'd be easier to discuss things between them.

I'm considering seeing Muppets over Easter, anybody seen it yet?

I did.

...I mean, it was ok. It was fine. It wasn't The Muppets from a few years ago. You can really see that the writing team from last time isn't in this at all.

It's ok. It's fine. The previous one made this one underwhelming for me, but as time continues to go on, it's ok. It's fine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The thing that pisses me off about this new muppet movie is that I've already seen it, and I've only seen the trailers.

I know the whole damn plot already, they spoil god damn everything.

Made a new topic for the Marvel stuff.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
The thing that pisses me off about this new muppet movie is that I've already seen it, and I've only seen the trailers.

I know the whole damn plot already, they spoil god damn everything.

Made a new topic for the Marvel stuff.

I was just talking to Neon about this earlier. I do my best to never see a single trailer. Granted, it can be difficult, but I do try it. I think I saw one commercial for the muppet movie and two for Winter Soldier. Thats only because a Winter Soldier trailer played in front of the two films I went to see. There is a lot of channel changing / muting of the television or computer every time an ad starts. I will tell you, that week before or after the film, it is a pain in the ass.

Worth a shot for you, though. I, basically, only see trailers when they play in front of films I'm seeing in the theaters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I really try to do the same. But, god damn, it's a pain in the ass. They always ruin everything, and it makes me not even want to see the movie because I'm already really aware of what's going to happen.

Oh, what's that? This character died? Ha, just kidding, bitch, here's a scene that happens after they come back!

Oh, better show the big end fight scene, too.

While we're at it, let's tell the funniest joke in the movie, too, so that when you get to it in the movie, you just get a bored chuckle out of it.

t('-'t) assholes.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neighbors is a pretty funny film. Efron and the other Franco are pretty entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Godzilla in IMAX was a pretty sweet experience.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:44 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I'm glad I went into Godzilla thinking it'd be shit, it was enjoyable but there were a lot of problems, glad I only paid $6

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
I'm glad I went into Godzilla thinking it'd be shit, it was enjoyable but there were a lot of problems, glad I only paid $6

there were two super corny moments

[Reveal] Spoiler:
1. Japanese man has to say "Gojira". Granted, I liked that

2. The ending got so corny that it almost killed it. Godzilla getting back up, the camera panning to the big screen "King of the Monsters - a monster or savior?" (did they have to shoe-horn in all of the nicknames and stuff?)

Buuuuut

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I think Cranston's acting was really good, and the whole set-up to the thing was interesting. Far much better developed in idea than other things. Executed a bit, eh, at times.

Really, really awesome scale in IMAX.

Overall, I think that if Pacific Rim and this Godzilla could find a middle ground to become one movie, we'd have a pretty sweet monster flick on our hands. I enjoyed; will watch sequel.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:05 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

My thoughts while leaving the cinema were "Who cares about whatshisface or whatsherface or whoeverthehellthat is" and "That needed more fucking fights"

Also, 90% of Ken Watanabe's screen time was him looking shocked at something.
The human characters were so boring, but the film spent so much bloody time trying to convince us to like them and I couldn't give a shit if Godzilla took a shit on them. Less people, more Godzilla please.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:23 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
My thoughts while leaving the cinema were "Who cares about whatshisface or whatsherface or whoeverthehellthat is" and "That needed more fucking fights"

The human characters were so boring, but the film spent so much bloody time trying to convince us to like them and I couldn't give a shit if Godzilla took a shit on them. Less people, more Godzilla please.

It is where I think the mix between Pacific Rim and Godzilla could sit really well.

IE:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Take the interesting portion that had some characters that were interesting and possibly worth caring for (Cranston) and then give me the amount of fights and action that Pacific Rim had

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:32 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Bogey wrote:
Neon Jackal wrote:

It is where I think the mix between Pacific Rim and Godzilla could sit really well.

IE:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Take the interesting portion that had some characters that were interesting and possibly worth caring for (Cranston) and then give me the amount of fights and action that Pacific Rim had

To be honest, I didn't even think Cranston was all that interesting

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:56 am 
KSK Mastermind

really enjoyed Neighbors.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Godzilla sucked incredibly. Probably the least enjoyable movie I've ever seen in a movie theater. The first like, hour and forty minutes was nothing but a montage of scenes I already hated in other generic action movies, and the part where the monsters actually started fighting was a poor man's Pacific Rim. When you make a movie about a giant radioactive dinosaur, I expect some degree of novelty.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:48 pm 

That's why I haven't seen Godzilla yet. I have this sneaking suspicion that Pacific Rim did everything in it better, except have a name-brand monster.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I won't deny the issues with the script (because holy damn what a bad script for like 80-90% of the movie but uh... Pacific Rim isn't written much better) but Godzilla was super-well directed and tonally spot-on. It's more in line with the original movie, more about humans being fuckups than anime toys bumping into each other (which was fine for Pacific Rim and most of the other 'zilla movies after it became a kid-friendly franchise but not for what Godzilla was originally about, which is what they were shooting for)

Also there were plenty of creative action scenes, I dunno what movie you were watching but this is literally the best Godzilla has ever looked, moved, etc

If you want a good, silly G flick watch Final Wars. Traditional Godzilla and Pacific Rim are things with two very different goals; if you like one more than another that's fine but comparing them isn't going to really go anywhere

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

X-men Days of Future Past, while having a kind of dumb name, is actually legitimately a good movie.

Felt really comic booky, and had all the original cast from the first two movies, and was way more fun than I thought it would be going into it.

Also totally retconned the stupid shit that was Xmen 3, so, they can do some cool stuff with the full cast again in the future.

And dat post credits scene. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:48 am 

I love how people have been talking about 'traditional' and 'original' Godzilla, trying to brush all the silly stuff aside. Especially considering that the dark message of Godzilla was in one movie out of what, thirty? Like everyone has their own interpretation and preferences. If you like the message, by all means. But this is the series where in the THIRD movie he fights King Kong. I really don't think seriousness was the intent all along.

And Final Wars is a badass movie.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Snifit wrote:
I love how people have been talking about 'traditional' and 'original' Godzilla, trying to brush all the silly stuff aside. Especially considering that the dark message of Godzilla was in one movie out of what, thirty? Like everyone has their own interpretation and preferences. If you like the message, by all means. But this is the series where in the THIRD movie he fights King Kong. I really don't think seriousness was the intent all along.

And Final Wars is a badass movie.

I mean, seriousness was clearly the intent when the character was first created, and there are more than one movies that go for that overall tone

I'm not really sure what your point is in relation to my argument beyond that? Just because Godzilla has a ton of movies with different tones doesn't discount the fact that 2014 Godzilla's goal is to evoke the tone of the more serious movies. Yes everyone has preferences, and I acknowledged that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next