neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Nameless88 wrote:
X-men Days of Future Past, while having a kind of dumb name, is actually legitimately a good movie.

Felt really comic booky, and had all the original cast from the first two movies, and was way more fun than I thought it would be going into it.

Also totally retconned the stupid shit that was Xmen 3, so, they can do some cool stuff with the full cast again in the future.

And dat post credits scene. :awesome:

I had no problem with the name until I found out it was stolen from The Moody Blues. I always thought it sounded badass when I was a kid.

Also, just got back from seeing Days of Future Past, and fuck yeah it was great. It was a little slow in some parts, but had the right amount of oomph and feels when it needed to. It did not, however, have nearly enough Bishop or Quicksilver. Quicksilver stole the show during his part of the movie, though.

And yes, dat post credits scene. :awesome:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I really wanna see Days of Future Past.

And Bats, I misread and thought you were saying the original Godzilla series was always serious, which it totally wasn't. Miscommunication on my part and apologies.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:37 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I don't think the new movie comes anywhere close to recreating the tone or feel of the 1954 Gojira. Maybe the action was well directed, I dunno, but the characters fell completely flat for me, and I just felt like I was watching scene after scene of people I didn't care about fail to actually accomplish anything, then a wise Asian man say things that get ignored as he's slowly phased out of the movie for more young white men to come in....

I could break down why I hated virtually every part of the movie, scene for scene, but I don't know...that seems tedious, and whatever, if you enjoyed it that's cool. I just HATED it, and it had very little to do with it being Godzilla and everything to do with how tired I am of movies doing the shit they keep doing. Like, fucking for real, that scene six or so minutes in where
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Bryan Cranston's wife dies on the other end of the glass door as he watches
, HOW MANY FUCKING other movies is that scene in? Like, ninety? Only in those movies, I probably know the characters' names by that point...

I guess that's my other big issue. If you're going to spend a bunch of time on the human aspect of the movie, that's cool, but then give me some ACTUAL character development. Nobody in the movie felt like anything besides an action cliche...

UGH. I just honestly haven't been this unhappy with a movie in a long time, and I'm realizing it might be because outside of a few movies I know will be pretty good (stuff like Avengers), I don't really see modern "blockbusters", and haven't in YEARS, come to think of it. I'd forgotten that the reason I like the movies I do go see in theaters is that they DON'T do those infuriating things virtually all Hollywood movies do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I think Days of Future Past can easily be mentioned in the same breath as Avengers, Dark Knight, and Raimi's Spider-man 2 as far as top superhero movies go. I loved it. Further proves the point that First Class pretty effectively made that a franchise gone sour can redeem itself. James McAvoy is an actor that I wish was on my radar sooner. I didn't care for Wanted, and never saw or read Narnia, but he gave arguably the strongest performance in this movie, even above Fassbender, who has recently gotten loads of critical acclaim for various roles. I also really liked that it served as a sequel to both series' while at the same time rebooting the originals, so if they choose to, it won't be too difficult to make further sequels to either the Patrick Stewart or James McAvoy series. Now we just have to wait two years for Apocalypse...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

illblamesum1else wrote:
I think Days of Future Past can easily be mentioned in the same breath as Avengers, Dark Knight, and Raimi's Spider-man 2 as far as top superhero movies go.

welp I'll probably hate it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36