neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

There wasn't much left when I went. They close Feb 26 I think it said. I think I'll go back then just to see what's still left.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:27 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

The original Trilogy on VHS before the special edition with 0 additions other than the "Episode IV: A New Hope" scrolling words.

$2 at flee market. In boxes that are also inside Trilogy box and everything. I feel this is a victory and how I will watch Star Wars if I ever watch these tapes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:43 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I used to have a set like that but I don't know where it went. Wasn't the original poster artwork. I think each one was a black box, and one had half of Vader's face on one said, one had a storm trooper, and one had yoda, iirc.

I should check and see if the blu-ray releases have the original versions. I know there was a dvd release that had special edition on one disc and original on the other. I might pick that up if blu-rays don't have non special edition.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:08 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
I used to have a set like that but I don't know where it went. Wasn't the original poster artwork. I think each one was a black box, and one had half of Vader's face on one said, one had a storm trooper, and one had yoda, iirc.

I should check and see if the blu-ray releases have the original versions. I know there was a dvd release that had special edition on one disc and original on the other. I might pick that up if blu-rays don't have non special edition.

Bluray has special edition with even more added stuff.

The OG can never be remastered because Lucas taped over the master copies of the original three. Thats why on the DVD version the side with the OG copy looks really bad due to letterbox and a cut in on the sides.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:09 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
The OG can never be remastered because Lucas taped over the master copies of the original three.

Seriously, how does this guy have a career?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:
The OG can never be remastered because Lucas taped over the master copies of the original three.

Most nerds are terrible and are okay with bad things and also spend lots of money

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Most nerds are terrible and are okay with bad things and also spend lots of money

I'm not even talking about the changes here. How can someone who makes film for a living simply tape over master copies? That's the kind of thing that gets cataloged and saved. "Master copy of my career defining film? MEH WHATEVER WHO NEEDS IT"

Fuck you, George.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:10 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

I'm not even talking about the changes here. How can someone who makes film for a living simply tape over master copies? That's the kind of thing that gets cataloged and saved. "Master copy of my career defining film? MEH WHATEVER WHO NEEDS IT"

Fuck you, George.

Jerry from Penny Arcade talked about it once and said something to the extent of "He created it. It isn't something that he fell in love with and discovered. The entire thing came from his mind. It did not awe him as a child or an adult, thus, he just sees it as a film."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Kurt RussellReunion II: The ReUnioning

:coookieesssss:

Hopefully it can match-up to the awesomeness of Kurt RussellReunion and the great Captain Ron singles match and the Tombstone 8-man tag match from the first one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:07 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Fuck you, George.

Jerry from Penny Arcade talked about it once and said something to the extent of "He created it. It isn't something that he fell in love with and discovered. The entire thing came from his mind. It did not awe him as a child or an adult, thus, he just sees it as a film."

perhaps the whole, tape, CGI thing helps. most movies are shot on film, which can't be recorded over, and the important reels go in the studio archive forever or until it burns down, or at least they did because that is how we got a Wizard of Oz remaster. And there were 3 reels for everything! Technicolor, ooooh yeah. Fatty Plaidshirt Beardster probably sat on them in his ranch. If you don't label your tapes, bad things happen. :cookieshuh:

PS what does OG stand for? other than, you know, original gangsta

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

gimp wrote:

That's pretty much it. I've seen it used frequently as just a way to abbreviate the word "Original" though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

gimp wrote:
Bogey wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Fuck you, George.

perhaps the whole, tape, CGI thing helps. most movies are shot on film, which can't be recorded over, and the important reels go in the studio archive forever or until it burns down, or at least they did because that is how we got a Wizard of Oz remaster. And there were 3 reels for everything! Technicolor, ooooh yeah. Fatty Plaidshirt Beardster probably sat on them in his ranch. If you don't label your tapes, bad things happen. :cookieshuh:

Hell it could be that the reels he had he destroyed or some shit. Overall message is Lucas somehow lost/ruined them and those are gone forever, ya know, unless some random warehouse in Europe has them just sitting there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:56 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:
Hell it could be that the reels he had he destroyed or some shit.

If you play a film it is damaged by the process everytime. For the cinema reels they usually copy copies of the master to preserve the integrity of the original.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:18 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

$65 from Amazon last week. Been nostalgia-ing hardcore for a few days now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I got 1-4 for $25 at Target a few weeks ago. I need to grab 5-7 just to finish it out. Fantastic show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:00 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
I got 1-4 for $25 at Target a few weeks ago. I need to grab 5-7 just to finish it out. Fantastic show.

It's interesting how the tone of the show changed along with the age of its cast and viewers. Rewatching season one, I'm also surprised that it's not as cheesy and kiddish as I remember. The writing is still pretty solid, and the characters are all still pretty much the same except for the huge change in Topanga. She was a total hippie derpy bitch when she was 11. Completely forgot about that. A lot of my enjoyment of this show may stem from nostalgia, but on its own I think it's still a decently crafted sitcom, with very likeable characters that are easy to relate to. They just don't really make shows aimed at teens quite like this anymore. They all have to rely on infidelity, accidental pregnancies, or shitty pop-star casts to get kids to pay attention.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:06 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I liked it when it was being incredibly silly and not giving a fuck, but like most sitcoms with a dedicated fanbase it ended up delving into melodrama way more than it should have.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I liked it when it was being incredibly silly and not giving a fuck, but like most sitcoms with a dedicated fanbase it ended up delving into melodrama way more than it should have.

Give seasons 6 and 7 a view then...they started to just get insane with everything. Eric and Shawn's brother moved in with a tall redhead, then shawn dated this black chick...Mick Foley showed up and refereed a random wrestling match in the middle of the apartment for no reason. Eric stalked people.

Once they went to college that fucking show got CRAZY. It was awesome. With some drama added in because ya know, why not?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Bogey wrote:
...they started to just get insane with everything...then shawn dated this black chick...

What!? That's a fucking CRAZY idea!

:coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yeah I realize that reads weird to add in the things get weird, I just remember she comes into the show, eric gets an apartment with shawn's brother and then wacky-ness ensues. Including a weird/funny Scream/horror movie parody that ends with a dramatic look at ones self. :cookieshmm:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Actually, Shawn started dating Angela back in high school. She was kind of a really flat character. Like, they never did anything with her besides "she's Shawn's girlfriend and has problems with commitment." ONCE, and I mean, ONCE, they had her say something funny (something about how she needs to get more black friends after none of the other characters got a racial joke she made), but in general she just sort of sucks.

I've seen every episode multiple times; I watched it kind of religiously when I was in elementary/middle school. Just saying, I know which episodes I preferred and which I didn't.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

yeah, I remember those. It has been a long time since I've watched every episode...but I think a chunk of us on this board (me, you, blame) all watched the show religiously back when it was on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:49 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I never had an issue with Angela or Rachel. I thought they were good additions to the cast. Otherwise it gets boring if the ONLY melodrama is coming from Cory and Topanga. Angela wasn't a very comedic character, but I feel like she was a HUGE catalyst in Shawn's development and maturity. On top of that, adding Jack and Rachel gives Eric's character something to do while Cory Topanga and Shawn were off doing their own thing. As the stories got more involved than just "Cory needs a new water gun for the water war" they kind of needed the additions to balance things out.

But anyway, I think the show still holds up. The kind of corny kid show early seasons, then the melodramatic later seasons, all while maintaining a pretty solid comic side. The show never had a bad season. As far as consistency goes, it probably remains my favorite show. I find it REALLY easy to get attached to those characters, and I'd be lying if I said I never tear up a bit watching it. Especially that fucking series finale. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm a pussy...every single time I see the episode where Shawn and Jack's dad dies..... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
I'm a pussy...every single time I see the episode where Shawn and Jack's dad dies..... :cry:

dear god i know :cry:

I love the alcohol episode too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17