neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red vs. Blue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I figured I would put this here. More of an online series, but the DVDs play like linear films, so why not.

Anyway, does anybody else follow RvB?

7th season just ended tonight with a giant WTF moment, and I have no idea when the next season is supposed to begin. If you've lost interest in it, as I'm sure most have, they're out of Blood Gulch now. Blood Gulch Chronicles story arc ended with the 5th season. The show as changed a lot, still retaining the humor it has always had, but less frequently. The complete off the wall plots have been replaced with pretty epic storylines with a lot of twists. If you were once a fan but no longer watch it, I strongly urge you to catch up. The two seasons after Blood Gulch have been, for the lack of a better word, EPIC. Especially season 6, but 7 was pretty good too.

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what roosterteeth does next season and how this seasons twist ending will pan out.

Post subject: Re: Red vs. Blue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

i watched the first season and kind of lost interest immediately after

my 2 cents

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:18 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Only seen the first two seasons, and a bunch of PSA's, would like to watch more but can't be bothered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

A lot of people I talk to lost interest around season 3. The plot just got too off the wall and confusing, but theyve cleaned it up a lot. Season 6 was one of the most epic things ever.

It does have a much smaller audience now than it used to, which I think is a shame because it really got good. I was just wondering if anyone else here still kept up with it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:03 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

illblamesum1else wrote:
A lot of people I talk to lost interest around season 3. The plot just got too off the wall and confusing, but theyve cleaned it up a lot. Season 6 was one of the most epic things ever.

It does have a much smaller audience now than it used to, which I think is a shame because it really got good. I was just wondering if anyone else here still kept up with it.

The quality of the voicovers and especially the "acting" itself, with help of the Halo3 engine are nothing short of astonishing. Their stunts are really great, its genuinely funny and the story itself is not bad either. When I watched Reconstruction for the first time, it blew my socks off with ease.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

The quality of the voicovers and especially the "acting" itself, with help of the Halo3 engine are nothing short of astonishing. Their stunts are really great, its genuinely funny and the story itself is not bad either. When I watched Reconstruction for the first time, it blew my socks off with ease.

Reconstruction is my favorite season, hands down. With Relocation just finishing yesterday, the DVD should be out soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Wow, i had no idea they kept going after season 5.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Necrosaro wrote:
Wow, i had no idea they kept going after season 5.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rvb&season=6
heres season 6. they now have all the videos online, as far as i can tell. no more rolling archive with 5 videos at a time.

Go back and watch the last episode of season 5 again. There were alternate endings, and Reconstruction only goes off of one of them. The ending I saw when it first hit the web, everybody died. Apparently that's not the real ending. Most of the endings are pretty similar though, so as long as you dont get the one where everyone dies I guess you're good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:57 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

love show lots.....watched Reconstruction. it was awesome.

did not know there was a 7th season....time to find so i can watch on tv on internet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 am 

illblamesum1else wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

Reconstruction is my favorite season, hands down. With Relocation just finishing yesterday, the DVD should be out soon.

Relocation's over? Damn, it felt like they still had so much ground to cover. This makes me think of kittens, with spikes.

:edit: Ok, saw the finale. Great stuff. I find it fascinating, how they turned onedimensional joke characters into something deep and interesting. Tucker seems almost competent even. Of course, now I want to know what the fuck is going on with Wash and the Meta.

Btw, can anyone remind me: Is Tex still alive or was she killed off in one of the previous seasons? I kinda forgot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Damn I need to start rewatching this. I stopped after a couple seasons in just because I kept forgetting about it. This show is hilarious, I can still remember the first time I saw the first episode. *has nostalgia*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

The only reason I haven't watched past season two is because when I originally downloaded(on dial-up mind you) RvB, I got season one and two, then downloaded season three, problem being it wasn't season three, someone had just renamed the Paris Hilton sex tape Red vs Blue Season 3...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:

did not know there was a 7th season....time to find so i can watch on tv on internet

Neon Jackal wrote:
The only reason I haven't watched past season two is because when I originally downloaded(on dial-up mind you) RvB, I got season one and two, then downloaded season three, problem being it wasn't season three, someone had just renamed the Paris Hilton sex tape Red vs Blue Season 3...

It should all be online, on the roosterteeth website.

also, TGFA, I think Tucker has become my new favorite character (at least one of them, Caboose will always be #1.) I always found him interesting, because he always seemed to be the quickest thinker of them all, though not necessarily the smartest, if that makes any sense. He also used to rant about Red and Blue being the same army quite a while before they actually revealed in the show that they were both being run by the same command. I always found that interesting and it made me wonder if there's always been more to Tucker that they're not telling us. Also Tex is supposedly dead. She was on the ship at the end of season 5 that exploded, in an attempt to destroy omalley. I personally think she's still alive somewhere, though, because if Wash explained that Church was never a ghost and just an AI because ghosts dont exist, then Tex must be an AI too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 pm 
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Neon Jackal wrote:

That could've been a serious deterrent for me as well. However, I may have to begin watching this again. *is watching ep 1*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:59 pm 

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Neon Jackal wrote:

It should all be online, on the roosterteeth website.

also, TGFA, I think Tucker has become my new favorite character (at least one of them, Caboose will always be #1.) I always found him interesting, because he always seemed to be the quickest thinker of them all, though not necessarily the smartest, if that makes any sense. He also used to rant about Red and Blue being the same army quite a while before they actually revealed in the show that they were both being run by the same command. I always found that interesting and it made me wonder if there's always been more to Tucker that they're not telling us. Also Tex is supposedly dead. She was on the ship at the end of season 5 that exploded, in an attempt to destroy omalley. I personally think she's still alive somewhere, though, because if Wash explained that Church was never a ghost and just an AI because ghosts dont exist, then Tex must be an AI too.

Spoileriffic discussion:

Why is it, that Tex has to be an AI? She's just one of the soldiers who got one of the AI fragments.

I missed Tucker during the last season. Good to see the guy back. And Church is not that much of a loser either. He's just a crappy shot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

it may be a bit of a logical jump but if ghost church was an AI all along, then wouldnt ghost Tex be an AI too?

FEAR MY LASERFACE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 am 

illblamesum1else wrote:
it may be a bit of a logical jump but if ghost church was an AI all along, then wouldnt ghost Tex be an AI too?

FEAR MY LASERFACE!!!

Because she was one of the soldiers implanted with an AI, O'Melley to be specific. The thing is, why did Church think of her as his girlfriend? I mean, his bodey has always been a robot, right? Maybe he was her AI at some point? How did he get this body in the first place anyway? Why wasn't he with a soldier? I think this will be adressed sooner or later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:17 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

FEAR MY LASERFACE!!!

Because she was one of the soldiers implanted with an AI, O'Melley to be specific. The thing is, why did Church think of her as his girlfriend? I mean, his bodey has always been a robot, right? Maybe he was her AI at some point? How did he get this body in the first place anyway? Why wasn't he with a soldier? I think this will be adressed sooner or later.

I dont think he was always with a robot. I think the robot only came after caboose killed him. I could be wrong but I dont remember them saying he was always a robot. I figured he just took over some useless peon in the military, and any aspect of human life he had was through this expendable soldier's body.
Just my two cents. could be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 am 

illblamesum1else wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

FEAR MY LASERFACE!!!

I dont think he was always with a robot. I think the robot only came after caboose killed him. I could be wrong but I dont remember them saying he was always a robot. I figured he just took over some useless peon in the military, and any aspect of human life he had was through this expendable soldier's body.

As far as I got it, the thing that Caboose killed already was a robot of some sorts. I couldn't explain it any other way, because that would mean that the AI that Church was (btw, is he a full AI, because if he's the Alpha, then that should mean that he is unbroken I guess), was driving a human body. And that would go against Halo canon. And yes, the series is canon somehow. Also, don't forget that the original Church "died" in the Emp-Blast and what we've been dealing with the whole season long is basically Delta, the memory-splinter. Ugh, so much lore... what was the point I was going to make? Sorry, I'm a bit sleep deprived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:40 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:

FEAR MY LASERFACE!!!

As far as I got it, the thing that Caboose killed already was a robot of some sorts. I couldn't explain it any other way, because that would mean that the AI that Church was (btw, is he a full AI, because if he's the Alpha, then that should mean that he is unbroken I guess), was driving a human body. And that would go against Halo canon. And yes, the series is canon somehow. Also, don't forget that the original Church "died" in the Emp-Blast and what we've been dealing with the whole season long is basically Delta, the memory-splinter. Ugh, so much lore... what was the point I was going to make? Sorry, I'm a bit sleep deprived

I believe Church was Epsilon if I'm not mistaken. All the AI units are fragments of the Alpha. Epsilon was deactivated in the end of Reconstruction, but Caboose spent his time reactivating it, which I still dont understand how CABOOSE of all people managed to do so. That's my theory is that the AI they took WAS the AI that was convinced it was a human named Leonard Church. Caboose, who was always convinced that Church was his best friend took it upon himself to reactivate the AI to get his friend back, but when it was reactivated it had no memory so Caboose spent his time teaching it what happened and who everyone was. Which again surprisingly, he seemed to do so fairly accurately, and the AI doesnt view everyone the way they were portrayed in Cabooses mind.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Damn that's a lot of black.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:02 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Snifit wrote:

Scares you, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:14 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

If I put a spoiler warning in the topic title, no one would click because I think me and TGFA are the only ones completely caught up with the show. So, lots of blocked out text is necessary incase people actually care. Because Reconstruction will be MUCH better if nothing has been spoiled.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Neon Jackal wrote:
Snifit wrote:

Scares you, doesn't it?

Not really, no.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun