neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Red vs. Blue
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I think that ending is pretty definitive. Unless they start it over entirely, like same characters but pretend nothing ever happened, because the projections inside the AI have no recollection of the events of the past 8 seasons. I can see it working, but I'd only want to see them do it if they can top what they've already done, which would be hard, especially with the past 3 seasons being as awesome as they were.

I kind of view the original 5 Blood Gultch Chronicles seasons and the 3 seasons after that as 2 completely different series, but with the same characters. The whole tone changed, in my opinion, and the last 3 seasons became much more story based, on a solid central plot as opposed to the frantic and often random happenings in BGC. They managed to take the story, characters, and the show as a whole in a bit more serious direction, while still maintaining the same humor, which I thought was impressive. The last few episodes of season 6 really fucking blew me away. I didn't think they should have carried it on after Blood Gultch, but they did and it was awesome. So, again I find myself hoping that they don't continue it again, but I can see how it could easily work, and hey.... I was wrong about it once before.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

As for your question about season 8

Even when the Meta showed up and Simmons flew off the base and grabbed onto the turret then the warthog blew up and was flipping everywhere I was laughing and yet verbally saying "Oh shit! No Way!" because it was so awesome and unexpected. The Tex fight? Made the entire purchase worth it. The added animations to stuff like that was just perfect. The only thing I was expecting but never got duriing that fight was the song "Girl named Tex" to play in the background and just get heavier. Hitting in the balls was epic.

Again, that ending was what I would legit call a beautiful ending. If that is where it ends then Red vs Blue has one of my favorite endings to any show EVER. Completely got to me.

As for the price, I have the same feeling for the re-packaging of 1-5. I own every season but season 4, but with the new DVDs it fits my widescreen television perfectly and the reticle isn't on the new releases. So I may even pick up the new set for the first 5 and hook up some other people with my older copies.

Also the Re-collection has the bonus Grifball DVD, which if you check out the redvsblue site adds $5 to the price of the original 5 seasons collection. So that kinda adds to the price of the re-collection.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

So I just watched season 9 for the first time. Holy fucking shit. Those awesome action sequences they did in season 8? half the season this time. The ending when the "world" was falling apart was pretty great too, but it left so much unanswered. I don't know why I stopped watching season 9 after 3 or 4 episodes of its initial run, and I can't wait for season 10.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I would like to give these newer seasons a try, and skip the crap (i think i saw the first two or three seasons, but im sure my gf hasnt and i have no intention of seeing it). where should i start?

someones going to come along and tell me pure pwnage is still going and much better next.

edit: no wait, that's become a remarkably bad tv show hasnt it?

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

season 6 sort of started a new series. same characters, but the blood gultch chronicles ended after 5 and it expands after that. 6-9 has a stronger story focus in my opinion, where 1-5 were just really random humor. I'd recommend watching it all because I really like the whole series, but if you want to jump in, 6 is a good start.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
season 6 sort of started a new series. same characters, but the blood gultch chronicles ended after 5 and it expands after that. 6-9 has a stronger story focus in my opinion, where 1-5 were just really random humor. I'd recommend watching it all because I really like the whole series, but if you want to jump in, 6 is a good start.

might just do that.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:24 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

BUMP!!!

I forgot about Red vs Blue for most of season 9 but then I bought it pretty cheap on DVD a couple months ago and it blew my fucking mind. The motion capture action sequences are awesome, and the story still interests me. so just a week or two ago, I decided to check the RoosterTeeth website. Season 10 just started on Monday. Fuck yes. I hope I'm not the only one still keeping up with this 10 year old web series, because I think it's great. It got kind of tired and old around season 4 or so during the Blood Gultch Chronicles, but from Season 6 and on, the show has been much more story driven and I personally think it's really well done. Every season is viewable on their site. I urge everyone to get into this show, and if you lost interest during Blood Gultch, pick it up in season 6.

Fuck yeah, season 10.
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rvb&v=more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

So I recently started rewatching this series since I bought the 10th anniversary box set with all 10 seasons last year. I never finished season 10 and wanted to watch that, but felt I should refresh my memory on everything that leads up to it (I probably could have started with season 6, but screw it, why not watch the whole series?) Not long after starting this current watch through, I realized they recently started season 11. I assumed, while never having seen the ending, that since the 10 season box set was released that the series had finished. I am both pleasantly surprised and skeptically worried that they continued, but I guess I'll have to wait and see whenever I catch up whether it was worth it. Season 9 was great, and that marked the second time I was wrong about this show ending, so maybe I'm wrong a third time. Especially since I didn't even see the end of 10 yet. Somehow this show keeps throwing in new things to keep it interesting. Season 6 brought in a grander story and some better overall production, and had a fantastic ending of said story with 8's finale. Then Season 9 kicked the production value and animation up a huge notch, which if nothing else is introduced, that alone should be able to carry season 10 and 11, I hope.

I also forgot how much I loved season 6. Especially the last few episodes.

Does anyone here still watch RvB? Is season 11 still worthwhile? Bogey, maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:24 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think I got bored around season 6.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:38 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I highly recommend catching up if you have the time or interest to do so. I think 6-9 is far superior than 1-5.

I was really just curious to know if the current season is worth it, but if no one here still watches, I'll find out for myself soon enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I think I haven't seen the season with Elijah Wood jumping in and going forth. So I wouldn't know, but after season 5 shit did get pretty damn awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:13 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
I think I haven't seen the season with Elijah Wood jumping in and going forth. So I wouldn't know, but after season 5 shit did get pretty damn awesome.

He comes in in season 10. He voices one of the AI units. I haven't watched that season yet. I just finished season 9. If you stopped after 8, 9 is pretty awesome. Those action sequences they did in season 8, like the fight in the room with the teleporters, and the ending at the ice base... They do that pretty much every other episode. Season 9 kind of pulls a Godfather Part II. It's equal parts prequel and sequel, jumping from the prequel story (Project Freelancer before the creation of Alpha) and the Blood Gulch characters after the end of season 8
[Reveal] Spoiler: "in case anyone but bogey cares"
or more accurately, picks up with Epsilon-Church inside the memory unit, with what's basically echos of every other character.

But majority of Project Freelancer episodes are action heavy, and the ending leads me to believe season 10 will rely a bit heavier on Freelancer stories...Also Church has another monologue at the end with just as much feels, if not more, than the one he had at the end of 8.