neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Dexter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I decided to do jack shit and watch Dexter all weekend after I hit the gym on saturday...

Jeebus Chryst, every time I thought there were no more bricks left in me to shit, the next episode made me crap out buildings with smaller buildings inside of it. I was loving where they were going withHarry and Dexter's Mom but it looks like they dropped that sub-plot completely (I'm four episodes deep into season three and no more mention of the tapes). I really hope the go back to that because it was a really interesting angle they were going towards... I really want to see why Harry took a special interest in Dexter but left Brian behind, sure they glossed over it in season one, but there's gotta be something more to it. I'm sure in the middle of the third season they'll pick it back up since Dexter seems to be having daddy issues again.

I love the writer's work though, its incredible... I feel for every character that shows up, all of them have levels of depth that I haven't seen in a tv show for years.... well except for Masuka but he's still funny, but no real substance... yet. This show really wouldn't work without the supporting cast, there's just so much shit going on it's hard to keep up with sometimes. I have a feeling that two more of the original squad are about to get killed off, it's gonna suck when that happens. Shit when Doakes died I totally Vader'd... although once he found out Dexter's secret I knew his time was up

I can't wait to catch up some more, but I have legitimate work to be doing...

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Season 4 of Dexter was the best thing ever.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bubble Man wrote:

<3 Lithgow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Bubble Man wrote:

<3 Lithgow.

Thanksgiving at the Mitchell house was :coookieesssss:

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Blackman! wrote:
Shit when Doakes died I totally Vader'd... although once he found out Dexter's secret I knew his time was up

the shit that happened to him...God, he deserved better than that shit. Fucking Lila. That cunt.

Damn good show. Oh, and Masuka, he starts to get some depth in mid Season 3. I really feel for that guy, he's one of the most likable characters in the show, I think. Same with Angel.

I got to episode 8 or 9 of Season 3. Just revealed something that is going to cause a fucking shitstorm to occur. I can't wait.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:35 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I've heard people hate on Season 3, but I really enjoyed it. Miguel Prado was a great character.

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:06 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Yeah, I never understood the hate for Season 3, I enjoyed it a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I don't know how anyone could say they hated any season of Dexter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:

idiot characters aside, they did some cool things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:34 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Neon Jackal wrote:

i may have said i hated it, but clearly it was good enough to keep me interested, in not in the Heroes kind of "this show used to be awesome, maybe the next episode will redeem itself" way, but in a legitimate, "i want to know what happens next" way. As far is the seasons of Dexter go, it is by far my least favorite. I liked the character of Prado, but I felt like it just took too long to get interesting. I understand things had to build, but it felt like they were building for far longer than they had to, and it just felt draggy and slow compared to the first two seasons. Season 4 kind of had the same issue, but had Lithgow's performance to make up for it a bit and season 5 had
[Reveal] Spoiler: XBOX HUEG SPOILERS PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
the aftermath of Rita's death and how it affected Dexter, and what Lumen meant to him in that regard.

In my opinion, comparatively, season 3 just felt very flat. Still better than most other shows though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I dunno, man. I'm on the last episode of Season 3 right now, and fuck me, the shitstorm is coming down in sheets outside.

Adios, Amigo

Can't wait to get started on Season 4. I've heard John Lithgow is fucking amazing.

Also, prediction: Deb's gonna find out about Dexter's mom and Harry, and in turn find out about the Ice Truck Killer.

I really don't know if that'll come true or not, but...fuck it. I'll throw that out there, in case I was right, and I can say "ha ha, knew it! :coookieesssss: "

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

hands down the absolute worst part of Dexter is once you've caught up. You then must wait until August for more Dexter. By November, it's over for another year.

I love the 12 episode seasons though. Gives you a perfect arc and lets you know what they're working with every single time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:14 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm starting to see some Masuka depth, I loved his line "Science is a cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on", I hope that he does evolve more beyond the dirty mind, filthy mouth character they kinda shoehorned him into, like go into his personal life (as depraved as it may be). I'm predicting Batista is gonna get merced soon, they keep trying to make you feel for him so much it seems obvious..

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:21 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I think Batista is the one character that is the easiest to relate to. He's a completely normal guy without any characteristics that make him a "character" if that makes sense. Like, Dexter is the secret serial killer, Deb is the foul mouthed sister, Quinn is the arrogant prick, Doakes is kind of a typical musclehead, Masuka is the depraved twisted guy, but Batista is just.... Batista. He's an everyman.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I dunno, Deb seemed normal to me, then again my sister makes Deb look like Mother Teresa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

I'm getting tired of Deb, mainly because she just keeps cursing and I want to pop her in the mouth and tell her to straighten up and show a little respect. Foul mouthed bitch like that would never get anywhere in life. I was getting tired of Rita in season 2, but about halfway through season 3 she doesn't seem like such a frightfully ugly bitch anymore. I like everyone else, apart from some of these new characters that all of a sudden popped up in season 3, namely Quinn and the IA Asian chick. Here's hoping they don't stay on the show very long. So far, it's a pretty good show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Yeah, they kinda made Rita a bitch, but I think that was a plot device in Season 2, so that you're
[Reveal] Spoiler:
rooting for Dex when he hooks up with Lila. That is, until you figure out how much fucking worse she is for him than Rita could ever be.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:06 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

It's awesome this has turned from the "What did you watch today?" thread to the "How about Dexter? Isn't that show awesome?" thread. :awesome:

Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

^He made a good point. New thread, and it's about Dexter now. :coookieesssss:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:42 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

some guy on the interbutts spoiled a huge thing in Dexter for me apparently Rita gets killed, I'm kinda butthurt but I'll live, I just gotta see it happen to be sure though

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Okay, I want to look at that spoiler tag, but do you know what season he spoiled for you? I just started 4, so I don't want that spoiled for me, haha.

Also, fuck, John Lithgow. Messed up character so far. :shock:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:40 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Blackman! wrote:
some guy on the interbutts spoiled a huge thing in Dexter for me apparently Rita gets killed, I'm kinda butthurt but I'll live, I just gotta see it happen to be sure though

I had it spoiled as well, by my own devices.
Herp derp I noticed the actress wasn't in the cast for season 5. So I figured she either moves really far away and never comes back, or dies. In a show about serial killing, which is the obvious choice?

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:49 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I just finished Season 5, it was phenomenal
[Reveal] Spoiler:
I was sad for Dexter at the end, but I did notice that it was the first time Dexter builds a bond with someone, shares his secret, and the person actually lives. I hope that maybe one day Dexter can get past his "darkness" and go back to Lumen. Excellent name for the character, by the way, contrasting Dexter's "dark passenger" with her light. I feel like in general it was a pretty huge turning point for Dexter's character.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:52 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Okay, I want to look at that spoiler tag, but do you know what season he spoiled for you? I just started 4, so I don't want that spoiled for me, haha.

Also, fuck, John Lithgow. Messed up character so far. :shock:

season 4... don't look at it, you'll shit bricks when you see it

Bubble Man wrote:
I had it spoiled as well, by my own devices.

I stopped googling Dexter for that reason as well... I almost spoiled something huge when I saw a pic on wikipedia and I was like "shit I know that's important... CRTL-W NOW! DON'T READ THE CAPTION!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:04 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

SAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!!!

If you don't want anything spoiled in Dexter.

What the gay?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next