neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I just realized something, and I'm such a fucking slowpoke for this.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Hank knows that Skyler's in on it.

Skyler covered for Walt with the Gambling story, and Hank accepted money from them for his recovery.

So, that means that Hank very likely is going to piece together that either Walt came up with that lie, and Skyler believed it, or that she's in on it, too.

Also, here's my prediction for what's going to happen. Based partially off an interview that I heard from Bryan Cranston where he said that in the future scene he was coming back to protect someone:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Walt's going to figure out that Hank knows, or something. He's going to attempt to poison him with the Ricin, since that is the only weapon that won't be traceable back to him. This may or may not backfire and accidentally kill Marie or Skyler in the process. I think that he'll skip town after that happens, using the cleaner service to do so. But, he made the mistake of telling the other dealer that he and Jessie are "the two best cooks in the united states", so those guys will kidnap Jessie to use him to cook, since Todd isn't good enough on his own. Walt will somehow find out about Jessie, and he will go back to save him.

Annnd, that's kind of all I've got so far. No idea how the show will actually end, but, that's a pretty damn good guess as to what will be happening. Unless we get another WTF moment like we've had in the past and they throw something at us from out of the blue.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

every episode lately is a big damn WTF moment. I don't think this show can be predicted that easily.

Also, do you think the rest of law enforcement would believe Hank that he wasn't in on it if he tried to turn Walt and Skylar in? I mean, the drug money paying for his recovery could have really fucked his chances at being able to turn them in without ending up in trouble himself. They may think he's been the kingpin all along and his whole obsession was just there to throw people off the case. There's no way that they believe him without thinking he's somehow involved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

You're right, that really does throw a monkey wrench into everything.

But, this case has been his obsession. And we've seen him take out his anger on Jessie, I don't think Walt is above that, either. I think Hank will find a way to get him. But, I think Walt will catch on to it first. Or, he put the book there for the sake of letting Hank know. Maybe he wants to be caught? I dunno.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 am 
Bucket Of Flud

Sorry

just finished season 4.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Can someone explain to me how Gus knew their was a bomb under his car?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

fludbucket wrote:
just finished season 4.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Can someone explain to me how Gus knew their was a bomb under his car?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I really have no idea. I think the motherfucker just has like a 6th sense or something. I mean, he's been this quiet, reserved, chessmaster-like kind of person for years, and I think he's just refined it to a point where he was like "Huh...Walt's trying to kill me, no one was guarding my car...Yeah, fuck this." I think it was just to show how much of a bad ass he is or something.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Basically because fuck you. That's why.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:10 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

That final 5 minutes

"If that's true -- that you don't know who I am. My advice to you would be to tread lightly."

:drools:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
That final 5 minutes

"If that's true -- that you don't know who I am. My advice to you would be to tread lightly."

:drools:

GREAT start to the final episodes... Really can't wait to see how this whole thing wraps up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:23 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

They showed just enough of the future scene to disprove every theory I had running, too. Which is awesome, because I know that the Breaking Bad writers are way better at this than I am. I'm really glad that it didn't go how I thought it would be going.

Also interesting to see that Walter's been outed in the future. I'm really looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Oh, also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WxargiX518

So good. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:20 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Video removed.... was it Badger's Star Trek script animated? I saw it on Monday. It was fantastic. If that was it and it's gone now, that makes me sad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

illblamesum1else wrote:
Video removed.... was it Badger's Star Trek script animated? I saw it on Monday. It was fantastic. If that was it and it's gone now, that makes me sad.

Yeah, that was it. I really hope that someone reuploaded it, it was beautiful.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking ... mated.html

Boosh! Also comes with the story behind that scene, too. Apparently it was something Vince Gilligan came up with. :awesome:

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:06 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I'm loving this season so far. Only 6 episodes left, and I don't expect this show to slow down at all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:06 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Yeah, I kind of expected the first 5-6 episodes to all be build up or something, so these last two episodes were a big surprise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm just really struggling with thinking about one thing

Will Jesse die? I mean, it seems like it's almost inevitable. That is what makes me think that he won't. But he's the sane, moral compass of the show. He might do bad things, he might have lived a bad life, but he is the only one who is so remorseful every time that it almost constantly breaks him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Jesus fuck. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

illblamesum1else wrote:
Jesus fuck. :shock:

I don't even have the words for it, either. Shit is going down in the worst way possible.

When I saw Huell kind of just bump into Jesse and pat him on the way out I was like "Huh...uuhh....oh...Oh no. Something terrible is about to happen."

That was absolutely right. It took me a second to understand what had happened, but when it did, I was floored.

Same with the Confession from earlier in the episode, too. That was some brick shitting "Holy fuck." right there.

Really, this entire season so far, each week has had a shit your pants what the fuck holy shit moment, and I fucking LOVE it. This right here is some damn good quality TV.

Only thing I can guess at this moment:
Jessie doesn't burn the house down, because the house is still standing in the future. It didn't look like it had any scorch marks on it.

Judging by the name of the next episode, Rabid Dog, I really think that Jessie is going to get "put down"....and I really fucking hate that that's a possibility. That's the absolute last thing I want to happen in this show.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Walt Jr. was talked into staying. He said he wasn't going to leave. Walt Jr. and his daughter are in the house. The biggest problem, to anyone, is that Walt Jr. is about to find out all about his dad. Looks like we've figured out who spray painted "HEISENBURG" onto Walt's living room wall, though.

Jesse's confession to a cop that beat him previously is going to have to go up against the word of a man, that in the eyes of society, is one of it's better human beings.

The attempt made after everything went down just made that embrace/breakdown moment between Walt and Jesse that much more terrible on the part of Walt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:31 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

Yesterday, I tried for a second time to watch this show. But I just... I just can't. I feel like watching Dynasty but with (more) drugs. It's nothing but a damn soap opera with great acting, directing and production values which still does not alleviate the crushing boredom I feel after watching half an episode. Stuff like that nearly killed Fringe for me (before it had the good graces to bow out).

And you know, watching people talk about it... it really feels like a couple of elderly women talking about who betrayed whom, who slept with whom and who's secret evil doppleganger-cousin got exposed that week on their favourite soap.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Please resume enjoying the show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636264 ... eaking-bad

I'd be fine with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:04 pm 

Bogey wrote:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636264ec55/dean-norris-spoils-breaking-bad

I'd be fine with it.

See? THAT'S what I'd watch!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:23 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
It's nothing but a damn soap opera with great acting, directing and production values

And you know, watching people talk about it... it really feels like a couple of elderly women talking about who betrayed whom, who slept with whom and who's secret evil doppleganger-cousin got exposed that week on their favourite soap. .

"Hey man did you see Dexter last night?"
"Oh, dude, like when Debra almost walked in."
"And then he had to lie quick."
"And then Rita was all questioning him."

=--=-=-=-=-=-

"You see Game of Thrones last night?"
"I know. I can't believe he's just fucking her."
"and what about what Ned was talking about."
"He is so in the back pocket of littlefinger."
"And then there is the Lannisters."

-0-0-0-0

"Don Draper?"
"RIGHT?!?!?!"

=-=-=-=-=-

"Can you believe how crazy Rick has gotten?"
"Can you blame him?"
"No, but still he should sane up a bit."
"After everything he has been through?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Tony Saprano has issues man."
"Yep. He's still working through them. Things should be good soon."
"I don't know. Remember how Pussy hasn't told him about everything."
"Yeah, I don't know how long he can keep that to himself. Or if he doesn't tell Tony...that'll be bad."

Those two statements can be made about almost any drama on television.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 am 

Yeah... Never got along with any of the shows you mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
Yesterday, I tried for a second time to watch this show. But I just... I just can't. I feel like watching Dynasty but with (more) drugs. It's nothing but a damn soap opera with great acting, directing and production values which still does not alleviate the crushing boredom I feel after watching half an episode. Stuff like that nearly killed Fringe for me (before it had the good graces to bow out).

And you know, watching people talk about it... it really feels like a couple of elderly women talking about who betrayed whom, who slept with whom and who's secret evil doppleganger-cousin got exposed that week on their favourite soap.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Please resume enjoying the show.

So, how far have you gotten into the series?

Really, the whole show is heavy on character development. So, if you don't like a few slow spots every once in a while and a slow build up to something huge happening, you probably won't appreciate it.

But, looking back at the pilot, I think that it has one of the strongest starts to a series that I've seen in a long time. And it has consistently stayed good. For a show to have 5 seasons, and not a single episode that I'd consider a down point? That's fucking huge to me. I mean, hell, I love Adventure Time, and there's still at least 1 or 2 episodes of that show that I am pretty sure I never want to watch again (Dream of Love is the most awkward thing I have ever seen on that show.)

The big difference between a soap opera and this show is that this show actually has production quality and a decent team behind it.

I mean, shit, even just the cinematography on the show, and the soundtrack to it...they just add to the mood and everything perfectly. Like, they have visual themes out the wazoo, and do things that are just subtle and brilliant.

Seriously, if there were one show in the last 5 years that I'd tell you to pick up, and watch all the way through, it'd be either this, or Game of Thrones. The big difference between the two is that while they're both great stories, Breaking Bad is completely original, and Game of Thrones has wonderful source material to go off of, so there are other ways to enjoy the story if you don't like the show.

It's really worth checking out, I think, because it tells a really good story, and it does so with consistently good acting and writing, and that is really hard to find nowadays in television.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 am 

I watched the first season and the first episode of the second season. Like I said, i appreciate the general quality of the show. It looks gorgeous, the acting is superb. I just can't get behind the writing. Not the quality of it, the style. If there's such a heavy soap element, there must be something else in there to alleviate it. Like, Fringe hat the insane science, the parallel dimensions and, to me at least, the better Walter. Supernatural has gore, great (meta) humor, Jensen and sometimes even Felicia Day. It's like the difference between Grimm and Once Upon a Time: Both deal with a similar subject matter but the former has some fun action and characters and it amuses me with its mangling of the german language. The latter just pissed me off.

I hate Dexter: Neither do I like the subject matter nor the main character. I can't stand Game of Thrones but that's not due to the show. I never could stomach the books either. It's just the way Martin treats his characters that's quite despicable to me (In my book, the best modern Fantasy series has to be the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss). The Walking Dead lost me with Season 2. And here comes Breaking Bad: It already has the drug aspect which I don't really like all that much. Add that to the soap like structure and you've got two strikes against it (again, in my book). I CAN take stuff like that in form of a movie. Hell, I kinda enjoyed Scarface. But over 5 freaking seasons? I was bored out of my skull after half of the first season.

So, Person of Interest still is my favourite show right now. I'm still sticking with Supernatural, part out of habit, part because I just enjoy watching the Winchesters kick ass. I really liked Alphas, its cancellation made me sad. Continuum started strong but lost me after a couple of episodes. Grimm still has one or two problems but its really starting to find its stride with the second half of Season 2. Castle is good filler (also: Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic have good chemistry, the whole cast is quite anjoyable and sometimes it really nerds the fuck out (watch Episode 6 of Season 5 "The Final Frontier" for a primer on that)). I still have to try Arrow and Under the Dome, I hear good things about those. And I still have to catch up with 2/3 of Warehouse 13. And I am really damn excited about Agents of SHIELD.

Oh, sorry about the rant.

tl;dr Aformentioned shows to me are either boring or they piss me off. Here's what I like.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

He has to put his son down. Damn. He tried to save his favorite son. Now he has to deal with putting him into the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next