neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:51 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I think in context of the television show version someone like Shane should've stayed around so much damn longer. Maybe actually made his way away from the group. Show wise....Shane was the fucking boss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

So glad someone finally did it.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
He was a massive dick in the T.V. show. Glad to see him dead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:19 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Mewshew wrote:
So glad someone finally did it.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
He was a massive dick in the T.V. show. Glad to see him dead.

my only concern now (which won't last long because The Governer...) is that with Shane dead there's much less personal conflict between characters now. He was a massive dick, but he the kind of massive dick you love to hate. He was definitely a big part of the show that will be missed, regardless of WHY you will miss him. But with the fuckton of zombies heading for the farm, I guess they won't have time for his absence to be an issue and slow the show down. Plus like I said, plenty will happen next season in the meantime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:03 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Doing my damnedest to marathon season 2 for the finale... it's tonight right? I'm on episode 6 and I'm really liking Dale and Daryl as characters... I hope they make it through, I remember reading one of those guys dies twice hahaha.

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:37 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

season finale is tonight at 9. If you have nothing else to do, you should be able to catch up easily.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm really hoping Carol gets taken down this episode... She survived the heard, but this episode isn't over yet...

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:18 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:
I'm really hoping Carol gets taken down this episode... She survived the heard, but this episode isn't over yet...

i liked her conversation with Daryl at the end. Gave me more reason to fucking love Daryl. He's loyal as fuck to Rick.

Also, I know I'm pretty much the only one here reading the comics but MICHONNE FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN. One of my favorite characters from the comics, and her introduction was fucking awesome. Selfishman and I practically jumped out of our seats with our arms thrown in the air in celebration. And then we high fived.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:01 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

haha I torrented the comics and will be caught up by the end of the week, I read the wiki and know a bit about her, I was excited as shit to see her to. She's the badass that this group needs, especially for what's about to go down... My money is still on Carol to be the next major cast member to go down...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think i may try and get a hold of the comics now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:

i liked her conversation with Daryl at the end. Gave me more reason to fucking love Daryl. He's loyal as fuck to Rick.

Also, I know I'm pretty much the only one here reading the comics but MICHONNE FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN. One of my favorite characters from the comics, and her introduction was fucking awesome. Selfishman and I practically jumped out of our seats with our arms thrown in the air in celebration. And then we high fived.

You aren't. I'm just a decent chunk behind the actual comics. I do know of her and have followed her a bit. Truthfully I assumed they would just be fully skipping over her entire character.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bogey wrote:
illblamesum1else wrote:
Blackman! wrote:

You aren't. I'm just a decent chunk behind the actual comics. I do know of her and have followed her a bit. Truthfully I assumed they would just be fully skipping over her entire character.

That's a character that can't be skipped. There's a lot of characters not in the show that weren't really missed (I think T-Dog might be very important next year and step up as a second in command if they don't introduce the character of Tyreese. Just make T-Dog the TV show counterpart for that role. Otherwise just kill him because he's useless.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:
just saw the one where he goes on the blind date with the dwarf girl, but he doesnt know its going to be a dwarf.

temporal anamoly!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I know this is for the tv series, but I just finished issue 57 on the comic... Ho. Lee. Shit....
My jaw just stood open for the last few pages of that one...

Season 4... I don't know if they'll follow this arc of the comic faithfully... god damn that was brutal...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:
I know this is for the tv series, but I just finished issue 57 on the comic... Ho. Lee. Shit....
My jaw just stood open for the last few pages of that one...

Season 4... I don't know if they'll follow this arc of the comic faithfully... god damn that was brutal...

there's a topic for the comics that i started, i think in miscellany... I dont remember what happened in 57 though. I know that was post-prison.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

figured it's time to bring this back. MASSIVE SPOILERS
T-DOG TALKS NOW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

But his actor isn't in the main credits... T-Dog gonna die...

Bigger (more like actual) Spoiler
Did you see the sneak peak via Talking Dead? Merle's at Woodbury? DIS GONNA BE GOOD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:

Bigger (more like actual) Spoiler
Did you see the sneak peak via Talking Dead? Merle's at Woodbury? DIS GONNA BE GOOD

Yeah but neither are Carol, Beth, Hershel, the new prisoners (assuming at least Axel will be a major role... He was in the comics at least,) or the governor.

I think they took T-Dog out of the credits just because at the point of the season starting, he wasn't an important role. Same with Carol, and they just added Maggie and Michonne's names to take the places of Dale and Shane. I don't think they'd kill T-Dog or Carol off until they make them a little more important first. Make the viewer care about them more than they do right now. So far so good with T-Dog in my opinion. Still don't care about Carol much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

T Dog! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:cry:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Blackman! wrote:

:coookieesssss: :bluev: :yellowv: :redv:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

You have to be fucking kidding me right? Just as it started to look like he might be a proper cast member and BLAM, dead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I wouldn't say BLAM, he definitely had one of the more powerful exits of the show... I was hoping he'd be the show's equivalent of Tyrese but alas... no beheading for him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm so happy I don't have to listen to Lori's whining anymore. RIP T-Dog!

What the gay?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

As much as I hated Lori in the show and wanted her to die, that not only caught me off guard as to how and when they did it, but it was also pretty fucking sad as well. Especially considering, as I said, I really wanted her dead :coookieesssss:

Would it be too bold of a statement to say that this week's episode might have been the best episode they've ever done?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the ending to this weeks episode had the beginning of one of my favorite moments from the comics. I'm very happy this is beginning. Rick is breaking so much faster and harder in the television show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

that whole episode, i think, was made to make the comic fans squeal. and it worked.

I audibly cheered when we saw the governor's daughter and immediately went "OH GOD WHY" when PART OF HER FUCKING SCALP RIPPED OFF. But now that makes me wonder if the governor is going to make the fuck out with his zombie daughter.

Then when Michonne killed those walkers that were locked up I was really hoping it was what I thought it was. And then it totally fucking was. I wish they were fights to the death though like they were in the comic. Although I don't discount the possibility of that being the case in the near future.

And then the phone rang. And I :awesome: :\m/: :\m/: :awesome: :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

this show sucks now

:(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next