neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Bogey wrote:
Avengers 2015

yeah right

Also Coulson being alive is a stupid "theory" and would render everything about his death pointless and cheap

Digging that Loki KEIKAKU DOORI thing though, pretty sharp even if unintentional

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:04 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

TheBatman wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Avengers 2015

yeah right

Also Coulson being alive is a stupid "theory" and would render everything about his death pointless and cheap

Digging that Loki KEIKAKU DOORI thing though, pretty sharp even if unintentional

I think Whedon is a good enough writer that the Loki thing could have easily been intentional.

As for Coulson, I don't see how that would render his death pointless and cheap. I think turning Nick Fury into someone the Avengers themselves can't trust would be a very interesting move. If that ends up being true, his "death" accomplished what Fury needed it to accomplish, but then the Avengers would never be willing to trust him again. I'm okay with it going either way, honestly. But I think Fury lying about a man's death to manipulate the team would be interesting to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:38 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

illblamesum1else wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Avengers 2015

yeah right

I think Whedon is a good enough writer that the Loki thing could have easily been intentional.

As for Coulson, I don't see how that would render his death pointless and cheap. I think turning Nick Fury into someone the Avengers themselves can't trust would be a very interesting move. If that ends up being true, his "death" accomplished what Fury needed it to accomplish, but then the Avengers would never be willing to trust him again. I'm okay with it going either way, honestly. But I think Fury lying about a man's death to manipulate the team would be interesting to watch.

That's the whole point. Coulson's death being a lie would piss a lot of people off, INCLUDING the Avengers.

There's NO WAY it's Norman Osbourne in the Iron Patriot armor. I think they've shown it's the random villain they've pulled for the movie (his name's Coldblood or Hardcase or something like that) What makes it really interesting is the fact that the government wants an Iron Man armor for themselves and the fact that Ben Kingsley is supposedly playing Mandarin. Could there be an "evil" super-patriotic Iron Man flying around to counter Stark's self involved vigilante? And how does possible connections to a Chinese leader affect Iron Patriot's image?
Iron Man 3 looks like it's gonna be really interesting. If they do have the Mandarin I hope they play up his mystic side and connect that to the Force Gems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

It kind of sucks that Sony is doing their shitty Spider-Man reboot just so they can keep the movie rights and not let Marvel have access to the Spider-Man continuity.

Last edited by Morte_The_Skull on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm 
KSK Mastermind

at the same time, it looks to be a good spidey movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:32 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:
at the same time, it looks to be a good spidey movie.

I think it looks pretty awful. I don't see the logic of doing Spider-Man's origin story AGAIN. Is there a single human being alive who doesn't know it at this point? Also, I don't like the whole "dark and gritty" feel they're doing. Also, all of the scenes of Spider-Man's banter during fights that's been shown makes him seem less like a witty, fun superhero and more like a bully on a power-trip. He legit did a "why are you hitting yourself?" joke. It's cringe-worthy.

I kind of like The Lizard's costume design, though, specifically that one of the hands looks more lizardy than the other.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:42 pm 

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I don't see the logic of doing Spider-Man's origin story AGAIN. Is there a single human being alive who doesn't know it at this point?

Except now they're adding in the part about Peter Parker's parents being super secret spies who were also brilliant scientists and, apparently, tying his origins in with fate, destiny, and the Lizard.

It looks pretty bad...which makes me sad because there are some good people in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:06 pm 
KSK Mastermind

but he uses web shooters. And GWEN STACY! >.>

im still gonna see it... i think it looks fun <.<

So how about that Fantastic Four? :L

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I for one am with Crash on this one

Movie looks way better than the Raimi flicks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Maybe they're rebooting so they can tie it in and they just aren't telling anyone about it? Or I'm just being a pollyanna.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 pm 

Nameless88 wrote:
Maybe they're rebooting so they can tie it in and they just aren't telling anyone about it? Or I'm just being a pollyanna.

Hmmm.....nah. It's probably just a rushed movie to keep the movie rights that'll probably turn out bad :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I've learnt that you can't really judge a movie by it's trailer, I mean, I'm a big Raimi fan but I'm not going to start decrying this movie until I see it.
Though, I want it to suck so that Sony give up the rights or whatever and Spider-man can be on screen at the same time as the Avengers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:31 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I think the new Spiderman movie looks like it will be much more a Spiderman movie than Raimi's movies were. Not to say they were shit (except maybe 3) because I DID really enjoy those movies (I'll even defend a decent amount of 3) but I feel like starting with Gwen is a good move, they seem to be getting at least closer to Spiderman's actual personality, and I think Andrew Garfield will be twice the Peter Parker Toby MacGuire was. The intro to the Comic Con panel itself really has me hoping this movie succeeds, simply from how much the character means to the actor playing him. It's this kid's dream role, and I really like Andrew Garfield so I'd hate to see it fail on him.

That said, yes, I do agree that getting him into the Avengers series somehow would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Yeah the best part about it is that Spider-Man actually seems like Spider-Man instead of a blubbering crybaby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:

That can't be the case. Sony is still behind this one.

Any I really don't see how this Spider-Man is more "true" to the character. Yeah, he makes jokes, but they're not AT ALL in the right style or tone for Spider-Man, I feel like.

Mostly I'm still sort of pissed they didn't get Donald Glover to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Any I really don't see how this Spider-Man is more "true" to the character. Yeah, he makes jokes, but they're not AT ALL in the right style or tone for Spider-Man, I feel like.

Still better than the humorless Toby MacGuire Spiderman. Plus I don't see how the "you found my weakness! SMALL KNIVES." line doesn't sound like something Spiderman would say. You can't really judge an entire movie's characters and dialogue on what's in the trailers.

Also, it would have been kind of cool to see Donald Glover as Spider-man, and I love how they've thrown in references to that in Community. If I remember right, Troy wears Spiderman pajamas in one episode, and in the Law and Order episode he's wearing a Spiderman tie.

But all in all, I think Andrew Garfield will do just fine.

I just hope Sony and Marvel Studios can reach some kind of deal, where Sony gets a cut of the profits from Avengers 2 in exchange for allowing Spiderman to appear. The bigger the role, the higher percentage they stand to make. Maybe do the same thing with Fox and get some of the X-Men to show up. Most likely not going to happen in either cases, but I can always hope.

Also, getting the Fantastic Four in there would be funny, just to see Captain America interacting with Human Torch. :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 am 
KSK Mastermind

when i first heard they were rebooting Spidey, i was like WTF? but ive come around obviously. I enjoyed the other Spidey flicks (most of 3 was crappy) but this one looks good too.

as far as a black spider-man... i dunno, he's not black in the comics. I dont understand why they have to make white super heroes/villains black in movies when they already have great black heroes and villains to portray. Luke Cage being one and he is down right awesome.

im not saying this to be racist either, because it isnt my intent. I just feel as a comic fan, that the black community already has some really great characters to work with and they should!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Crashman wrote:
when i first heard they were rebooting Spidey, i was like WTF? but ive come around obviously. I enjoyed the other Spidey flicks (most of 3 was crappy) but this one looks good too.

as far as a black spider-man... i dunno, he's not black in the comics. I dont understand why they have to make white super heroes/villains black in movies when they already have great black heroes and villains to portray. Luke Cage being one and he is down right awesome.

im not saying this to be racist either, because it isnt my intent. I just feel as a comic fan, that the black community already has some really great characters to work with and they should!

I feel like if someone can capture the essence of the character, cast them regardless of race. Don't go out of the way to change the character's race just for the sake of "adding diversity" or whatever, but if someone comes along who can play the character well, don't turn them down because they're not white. Donald Glover is a good example of this. I think he could have been a great Peter Parker if given the shot. Also, Michael Clarke Duncan as King Pin. I think that worked pretty well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 am 

I agree. It's the actor not the race. Sadly people can't get past the race thing.

I know you can't judge a movie without seeing it but from everything I've seen so far, it's just not my cup of tea.

Now the Avengers, THAT was an awesome superhero movie. I'm really interested to see what happens when Dark Knight Rises comes out. You KNOW there's going to be comparisons and it's gonna be fun to see who says what.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:05 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

I don't think the two can really be compared. They're two completely different styles of movies. The only thing in common is that they feature popular comic book characters. Aside from that, I feel like The Avengers is a very well made summer blockbuster, popcorn action movie kind of thing (by no means at all do I mean "popcorn movie" as in "brainless" as the term usually implies.) Where on the other hand, Nolan's Batman films take a much more serious approach, to the point where you can switch Batman out for a rogue cop and the villains with regular crime lords, and you still get much the same movie. At their core, Nolan's Batman films are solid dramas that just happen to feature some comic book characters.

The Marvel movies seem to be made to be more fun than Nolan's Batman. I don't know if "lighthearted" would be quite the right term, but something along those lines. By design, they're made to be entertainment, if that makes sense. They are very much comic book movies, to the point of almost being live action cartoons. As for Batman, those movies are made to be solid crime dramas. They're not made to be as flashy as the Marvel films and they don't have the same comedic air to them that The Avengers had. I feel like comparing The Avengers to Dark Knight Rises would be like trying to compare Ghostbusters to The Godfather. Both excellent movies in their own rights. Classics, in fact. But far too different to really draw any solid parallels between them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:41 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:

He's also not really by necessity "white" in the comics, though. I mean, he is, in the sense that Peter Parker is an individual of the ethnicity we would identify as "white", but like, NOTHING about his character makes him being white an important factor. "White" is not part of Spider-Man's character. Unlike some other major, well-known characters, absolutely NOTHING about Spider-Man would be any different if he was black or Latino or Asian.

Hell, Peter Parker is a poor kid living in Manhattan with his grandma after his family got killed by being tangled up with various criminal groups. He struggles between his burden to take care of his grandma financially, his struggle to do something good for the community, and his desire to live a happy, comfortable life. I fail to see any way that this WOULDN'T work for a black character.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Morte_The_Skull wrote:

I'm not following you on this one AT ALL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I mostly really disliked the "stop hitting yourself" bit. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong and the movie will actually be good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:58 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

hammy jokes like that are classic Spidey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next