neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:08 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

And yes, this is deserving of it's own goddamn topic. I have never been more excited for the season premiere of a show before. I will be marathoning this on day 1.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sadly, grocery store work the weekend before memorial day means that I will have to stream all of this in one day on Tuesday. It will be an awesome May 28th though.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

I'm pretty stoked about it. Also, I'll just leave this here: http://recurringdevelopments.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'll also leave these things here

http://insertmeanywhere.biz/#/home

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Promotion they were doing in NYC today.... If I had been an hour or two earlier, I could have met Jason Bateman and Will Arnett. Unfortunately, I'm recovering from a really bad fucking cold, and was slow moving this morning. Had I known they were there earlier, I would have laughed in the face of sickness. Didn't find out they were there until I was already on my way though. They were still there as of the time I was sitting on the train, but gone by the time I got there. Probably less than an hour's difference.

Attachments:
big yellow joint.jpg
big yellow joint.jpg [ 88.39 KiB | Viewed 4360 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:47 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

nice bluth banana booth.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:38 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

That is a really smart location for Bluth's Banana Stand. I bet there is a lot of money in that banana stand.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:37 am 

The big yellow joint, the big yellow joint, meet you down at the big yellow joint....

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Capcom wins

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:44 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

8 episodes in. Fucking loving it. At first I wasn't too sure about the format of only following one character per episode, but after a couple episodes I think it's brilliant how everything is tying together.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'm at Tobias' episode and it is starting to grow on me. I'm at the "this is still pretty ok" but I dunno. Are some of them greenscreened in? I only ask because it seems like Tobias and Lindsay don't seem to be in the same place sometimes when they share a scene together.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I marathoned the shit out of that this weekend, and finished the season.

I was surprised it ended on a cliffhanger, sorta.

Oh, also, listen to the music in each theme song. It changes subtly for each character, and in the final episode of the season, each character's personal instrument that changed the theme song a little joins together. Pretty neat little idea, I liked it.

Oh, and in every cut scene from previous seasons, I noticed that there was a watermark that said "Showstealer Pro Trial Version" written across the scene. Nice little subtle stab at Fox there, I liked that.

Really, overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got a lot of goofy laughs out of it. I think it's definitely stayed fresh and is still really spot on with the humor, I was cracking up at a lot of it.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 pm 

Just finished the new season. I really enjoyed it, besides the ending. Not really sure where they're going with any of that...particularly the destruction of George Michael's character as "a nice kid" He kinda turned into a dick, just like the rest of his family, and then finished the season by punching Michael in the face.

All in all, it was pretty funny, and will probably get better with rewatching. The best episodes were Maeby's and Buster's, and also Gob's.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Sir Stank a Lot wrote:
Just finished the new season. I really enjoyed it, besides the ending. Not really sure where they're going with any of that...particularly the destruction of George Michael's character as "a nice kid" He kinda turned into a dick, just like the rest of his family, and then finished the season by punching Michael in the face.

All in all, it was pretty funny, and will probably get better with rewatching. The best episodes were Maeby's and Buster's, and also Gob's.

I also feel like Michael was a giant douche this season. As much as punching him in the face seemed out of character from the George Michael we knew, I really felt like Michael deserved it. I wonder if they were trying to show that keeping the family together was the only thing making him the normal one in the family, and after his time away from them he just became one of them, if that makes sense.

I also loved Tobias' episodes. I loved DeBrie and the dish of butter.

Also, Nameless, in the later episodes that Showstealer watermark has a warning that there is only one use left. Then on the next flashback, it shows "free trial is over. Click here to purchase." or something like that

Overall, I loved it. I thought the ending was really weird, but assuming there will be another season or the movie, I'm okay with it. I'll only be mad about that if nothing ever happens to this series again, and that just so happens to be the ending of the show. That'd be pretty weak. Other than that, (and really disliking Michael) I'd say the new season certainly delivered.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:16 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Here's a reason to rewatch Season 4. Someone has re-edited it to go in chronological order and turns it into a much more Arrested Development feel and pace. It starts right where Season 3 ended and almost every one of season 4 episodes start.

http://www.reddit.com/r/arresteddevelop ... _here_are/

Enjoy. I know Kevin is going to be all over this

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

That's kind of amazing. I just watched the first one and while some of the edits are a little jarring (clearly taken from different episodes, so a sudden cut to a different angle of the same scene is a bit disorienting) it does a pretty good job of telling the story in a more linear fashion.

While I'm sure some jokes won't be as effective when placed out of their intended order, it could be pretty cool to see the events themselves unfold in a more straightforward manner. I will definitely watch this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Apparently someone else is doing the same thing and these two guys are both working on making the edits go a bit smoother so an update my happen in a little bit of time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

What, like they both did their own edits and decided to collaborate? Work together to decide what works and what doesn't to make one ultimate cut? Neat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

no, no, bad wording on my part. Another guy did one. Each of them separately are still working on making the edits and transitions a lot better. They may team up in the future though? The other guys interpretation and episodes are a bit different though. As I'm sure everyone will have different edits if they do it like that.