neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I hate long conversations in spoiler tags, so let it be said now, a place to talk about this show where there may be heaps of spoilers, you've been warned.

So, Coulson, LMD is possible, too easy though, sounded like they had something cooler planned.
Also, man, Extremis? I guess that makes sense to use it now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Coulson is probably some sort of LMD. Extremis was more or less revelaed in Iron Man 3. I mean, that was one of the main points of Iron Man 3, right?

I also find interesting the "unregistered gifted" they were watching in the first episode. Very specific wording written into the only guaranteed episode Joss Whedon would write for the series. I'm just saying Mr. Stark and Mr. Rogers have very different views on the idea of registering heroes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Well, you heard what that Centipede thing was, right? They basically took every super power that's worked so far, put it into a cocktail, and threw it onto people.

What a terrible fucking idea D: I mean, using gamma radiation AND extremis in the same place at the same time? Shit.

Also, I really hope that a Civil War movie happens. Because that would be fucking *insane*.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:43 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

It would be cool I guess but can it happen? Spidey belongs to Sony still, so there's an important plot element gone. Who do the film rights to the Fantastic Four belong to, because you'd need Reed. You can't have Civil War without Iron Man/Cap Smackdown. That would have to be handled in a movie since I doubt that we'll see RDJ and the other guy in the show. Same goes for Fury. The XMen also belong to another film studio so there would be no Storm, no Wolverine. And most importantly: Would Howard the Duck make an apperance?

Nah, too many characters involved that belong to different film studios. Not feasible. I could see them doing a truncated Secret Invasion plot down the line though. Revealing 5 or 6 seasons in that certain characters have been impostors all along sounds so Whedonesque...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:18 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I don't think any of the publication-wide crossovers would be any good ported to tv/movies, there'd be no way to do them any justice and no way they'd be able to get all the important characters, and even if they did, the movie characters are different, at least they feel different to me. That and Civil War, Secret Invasion and the events of Dark Reign all feel like one big story to me, so I can't imagine one without the rest, and that's probably impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:02 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Neon Jackal wrote:
I don't think any of the publication-wide crossovers would be any good ported to tv/movies, there'd be no way to do them any justice and no way they'd be able to get all the important characters, and even if they did, the movie characters are different, at least they feel different to me. That and Civil War, Secret Invasion and the events of Dark Reign all feel like one big story to me, so I can't imagine one without the rest, and that's probably impossible.

there's no "doing justice" to things that aren't any good to begin with anyway :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Well I meant any of the big crossovers, not just those ones.
I liked parts of Civil War and Secret Invasion, and I loved the whole Dark Reign thing, and Siege was fun. But to me, you can't have one without the rest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Girlfriend Fiancee and I have slowly caught ourselves up on this show. We just have ep 4 before we're good to watch them weekly.

Gotta say, I'm liking it. Whedon is good as ever at balancing team dynamics and everybody seems to have their "role." If I have one complaint, it's that every one is still in that "roll." There's tough military guy, there's wise crack girl, mysterious Asian ass kicker, and English/Irish technogeeks who are basically interchangeable. A little more development would be nice but to be fair, I'm three episodes in.

I did nearly shit myself when Franklin Hall popped up. THAT'S what's gonna make this show fun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

"In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of SHIELD pick up the pieces — one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team."
:awesome:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:42 pm 
KSK Mastermind

fully caught up. its definitely not the best show ive seen, but i do like it. All the characters seem neat in different ways and i love all the comic book nods. good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 am 

Anybody still watching this show? Is it just me?

So part of Coulson's miracle recovery came from either the blood of a Kree or an Atlantean? I'm thinking Kree since Marvel owns the rights to the Kree and not Namor. I also really hope that this gives them a simple way to get to Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers is a pilot who works with SHIELD, she gets injured, they give her a strong dose of GH325, and bam it gives her Kree abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I'm still watching it, I like what they've done with Mike. All that speculation on who he was, then he was a new character and now he's Deathlok, I thought that was awesome.
That had to have been a Kree, especially with Guardians coming out soon.
That'd be a great way to introduce Captain Marvel while avoiding a tonne of Mar-vell/Ms. Marvel back story.
That last episode (T.A.H.I.T.I.) was one of my favourites mostly because Skye didn't say a word and Bill Paxton is awesome. Next episode sounds good, Sif is guest-starring, so I'm already sold on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 am 

Yeah, I'm excited to see Sif mainly because I'm sure Thor spoke of all the humans he met on Asgard and what happened in New York. I hope she sees Coulson and is just confused. And I think the Kree is the best workaround for Captain/Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel was always the most popular part of the Captain Marvel series (why the hell did it take them so long to make her Captain anyway?) and this is the easiest way to get to her without all the Mahr-vell convoluted backstory. Of course if Marvel continues to sit on Captain Marvel and not use her it'll upset people more because, hey here's the perfect way to introduce her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

So, yeah, I totally forgot about this show. I think the last one I watched was the Thor episode. How far behind am I at this point?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 am 
KSK Mastermind

Its still pretty good. Loved the Sif episode a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
So, yeah, I totally forgot about this show. I think the last one I watched was the Thor episode. How far behind am I at this point?

5-6?

things have gotten really interesting the last 3 episodes or so. It actually, finally, picked up into something I want to watch instead of something I feel I'm watching because of the attachments (Whedon, the Marvel Movie Universe)

Also, That is how you can use a villain like the Enchantress. She'll never make the movies, but why not use her in the shows?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I don't know, I can see Amora making it into the films, as long as Executioner is with her, I mean, I'm pretty sure she was one of the original Masters of Evil, and as if they're not going to use them at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:02 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Bogey wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

5-6?

things have gotten really interesting the last 3 episodes or so. It actually, finally, picked up into something I want to watch instead of something I feel I'm watching because of the attachments (Whedon, the Marvel Movie Universe)

Also, That is how you can use a villain like the Enchantress. She'll never make the movies, but why not use her in the shows?

I read your spoiler. she shows up in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon a few episodes in. She's fucking awesome. (spoiler for a different show, but it's within the first like...4 episodes)

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:35 pm 

Though to be fair, Lorelei is the sister of Amora. They cold still totally use Amora in Thor 3 and considering Lorelei has gone back to Asgard, I wouldn't be surprised to see Amora turn up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 am 
NESkimo International Affairs moderator

I didn't watch past episode 6 or so. Has it gotten any better by now?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:20 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheGuyFromAustria wrote:
I didn't watch past episode 6 or so. Has it gotten any better by now?

I think it's 13 or so they're up to now...around 10-ish they finally started turning the show into something that is a bit enjoyable to watch. The characters, while some are still flat, seem to actually have more of a group connection. What they're doing, also, is finally moving forward in a way that makes it interesting.

There is one episode that takes place at the Shield academy and while that one isn't amazing, from then on out, the show is at least in the realm of being watchable, slightly enjoyable, and having a chance to be what he needed to be. The build into Avengers 2 is really making it's way into it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 am 
KSK Mastermind

Shit just got REAL!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Watched the episode that ties into Winter Soldier and HOLY FUCK.

It got me twice but in the end i was partly right (an earlier suspicion turning out to be even worse than expected). Still it was a great fucking episode.

I have a theory I am curious to find out if its true.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
They make it a little muddy as for whether Ward was Hydra all along or just happened to join up in the end. If he was Hydra all along, i wouldn't be surprised if he flips back to Shield because he is in love with Sky or some sappy shit. Of course if he just now joined up, maybe he's doing it to see what exactly Hydra is doing, but FFS he didnt have to kill those other SHIELDies... I like Ward too much for him to be gone already.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am 
KSK Mastermind

New episode was good. Answered one of my questions.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ward was Hydra all along, but he hints at the whole Sky being trouble thing so there is time for my theory to be correct.
Also Patton Oswalt was neat to see as an Agent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:21 pm 

I hope:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ward DOESN'T change back to SHIELD. Honestly, I hope Ward gets offed. I don't hate him as much as the rest of the internet seems to but yeah, I think a character dying would be big news for the characters. I'm just hoping either SKye or May gets to do it

And Patton Oswalt is great. The more I see him in roles, as opposed to stand up, the more I really like him.