neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:15 am 
Goomba
Goomba

okay, so i got into a conversation with illblamesum1else about this the other day; after the tragic death of harold ramis, they're reworking the screenplay for gb3 and still going forward with the film. it's supposed to follow a new group of ghostbusters with brief cameos from dan aykroid, ernie hudson, and (hopefully) bill fucking murray. discussing my ideal cast for the new ghostbusters crew i came up with four actors who i think would be prefect for the film. again, these are my personal choices and each complements one of the previous ghostbusters (why fix something that isn't broken?) feel free to throw out your personal opinion on the subject and what you think of my choices.

replacing bill fucking murray: chris pratt.

now, some people might argue this (especially after they see who i choose for dan aykroid's replacement), but never the less, chris pratt has the attributes to be a perfect replacement for bill fucking murray; he can be silly (as anyone who has seen parks and rec knows), but he also has some serious charm which bill fucking murray had in the original two gb films. he can go from being a sarcastic, cynical asshole, to woo-ing whoever the love interest might be in the new film. i feel like it would be a great opportunity for him to showcase his talents as an actor who can go from being silly one moment to deadpan the next (which will probably be displayed in gotg but why not hammer the nail in as hard as possible?)

replacing dan aykroid: seth rogen

okay, you might be wondering why i didn't choose seth for bill fucking murray's replacement, or why i chose him at all. he's a great comic actor, no doubt about that. i just don't think he has the charm that chris pratt has to succeed bfm's character. seth could easily be more silly, clueless, and the butt of the joke when it comes to the rest of the cast even though most of his films feature him as the smart ass who can come back at any insult thrown at him with an even better, more comedic one. regardless, i feel like he has what it takes to pull off this role.

replacing ernie hudson: donald glover

this should be pretty obvious. glover is a brilliant writer/actor/musician, and i feel like he could deliver the sort serious, almost cynical humor hudson delivered in the first 2 films, and probably give us more of a developed character to invest ourselves in (let's be honest, hudson was great, but as far as characters go, depth wise winston was about as deep as a kiddie pool.)

and finally, replacing the dearly departed harold ramis: richard ayoade

anyone who's seen the IT crowd or really anything ayoade has done knows he's the perfect choice for this role; his comedic delivery is fantastically dry and serious, as it was for egon in the original 2 films. ayoade is also a pretty big nerd, which egon was depicted as in the films. also, he has the look down pat (just google image the dude.) i really feel like ayoade is seriously overlooked in hollywood (the only hollywood film i know he was in was the watch, which i've heard wasn't too great), and this could be the big break that he deserves.

so those are my choices. let me know what you think and who you feel like (if anyone) could replace the original cast in gb3. also, it's been a while, how's everyone?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

I still think Jonah Hill could be a better fit for a Ray Stantz-like character than Seth Rogen. I'll also throw in Jay Baruchel as a new Lewis counterpart. Again, this is all assuming the new team will just be carbon copies of the old team. It's entirely possible, in fact probably preferable, that the characters have their own individual personalities. And it's also assuming this movie ever even sees the light of fucking day. :fuckingsun:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I think they should just not make a Ghostbusters 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:40 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Bogey wrote:
I think they should just not make a Ghostbusters 3

I agree, it would never live up to any expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

A reboot would be more appropriate tbh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:55 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I'd rather just get a new silly sci-fi/fantasy comedy with a similar sort of tone. Like what R.I.P.D. was trying to be, but not terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
I'd rather just get a new silly sci-fi/fantasy comedy with a similar sort of tone. Like what R.I.P.D. was trying to be, but not terrible.

Or Evolution, for the three other people that saw that movie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I liked Evolution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Yeah Evolution was pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:50 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

From what I hear Ghostbusters 3 was essentially going to be a reboot anyway, just with quick cameo appearances to connect them and establish that they're in the same universe. Original cast roles in the film were planned on being very minimal. At the very least if it never gets made I'd really like to see the script. I know Aykroyd's original idea was Ghostbusters in Hell, but a few of those ideas ended up getting worked into the game, and Aykroyd's not writing the current story.

If they made another game instead, though, I wouldn't be against it. I had a lot of fun with the last one.

Also I've always looked at Evolution as a spiritual successor to Ghostbusters. Not nearly as good, but similar.