neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marvel Movies
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

This thread is for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, split off from the Recommend a Movie thread.

Winter Soldier was great. Saw a preview for Guardians of the Galaxy and it looked awesome, too.

Also, not sure, but, the end credits scene...was that thing Loki's staff?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:46 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Nameless88 wrote:
Winter Soldier was great. Saw a preview for Guardians of the Galaxy and it looked awesome, too.

Yeah, it definitely was.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:00 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Neon Jackal wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:

Yeah, it definitely was.

Okay, that's what I was thinking.

Also, I'm just still mulling it over, and it was a really good movie. Cap'n definitely holds his own pretty well in a movie that he's the star in. I also just really enjoy the whole Winter Soldier character, too, so that was really cool to see that brought to the marvel cinematic universe.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:54 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I think my only complaint was Falcon couldn't talk to birds :coookieesssss:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:43 pm 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

I think my biggest complaint was the Falcon's pack wasn't red and white. :coookieesssss:

Otherwise Cap 2 was pretty damn great. Seriously big shake ups and things I was not expecting.

SHIELD having an evil branch was something I saw coming but SHIELD being HYDRA? Did NOT expect that. Also I was so happy to see robot Zola. I figured the tease of that in the first movie was all we'd see but I mean, straight up robot Zola with the camera and screen and everything. That was fucking awesome. I literally whispered "No fucking way" in the theater.

Gonna have to watch Agents of SHIELD more closely now...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:36 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Snifit wrote:
I think my biggest complaint was the Falcon's pack wasn't red and white. :coookieesssss:

Otherwise Cap 2 was pretty damn great. Seriously big shake ups and things I was not expecting.

SHIELD having an evil branch was something I saw coming but SHIELD being HYDRA? Did NOT expect that. Also I was so happy to see robot Zola. I figured the tease of that in the first movie was all we'd see but I mean, straight up robot Zola with the camera and screen and everything. That was fucking awesome. I literally whispered "No fucking way" in the theater.

Yeah, I seriously felt like a fucking idiot for not seeing that one coming.

Like, god *damn*, Hydra is all ABOUT the long con like that! That's their fucking bread and butter!

It actually caught me off guard, and I like that a lot.

Loved Zola as a robot, too. I kinda thought to myself "haha, they're going to meet President Eden down here, aren't they?" And then they actually DID meet an AI, with an old school black/green screen face. So, that was awesome, haha.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:19 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Nameless88 wrote:
Snifit wrote:

Like, god *damn*, Hydra is all ABOUT the long con like that! That's their fucking bread and butter!

Loved Zola as a robot, too. I kinda thought to myself "haha, they're going to meet President Eden down here, aren't they?" And then they actually DID meet an AI, with an old school black/green screen face. So, that was awesome, haha.

As soon as I saw the camera positioned perfectly above that screen I just fucking knew it Zola, so cool!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:53 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
Nameless88 wrote:
Snifit wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

As soon as I saw the camera positioned perfectly above that screen I just fucking knew it Zola, so cool!

Holy shit Winter Solder!

That was the film I really enjoyed.
The third film already looks amazing.

Not only do I hope that they keep Soldier coming around and getting involved, but I'd love to see him get a series of films with Widow as well. Falcon was badass and the entire Hydra section. Zola made me super happy. I threw my arms up in the air with two "Steve Holt" fists because I was happy to see that thrown in.

I'm kind of surprised that they don't have him on any other hard drives.

Only part of the film that really brought me out of it
As a giant community fan, as soon as Danni Pudi hit the screen, I was just like "fucking abed is in Captain America". Granted, this was directed by two of Community's directing/supervising veterans.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:55 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I was reading that the actor playing the Winter Soldier has a longer contract than Chris Evans does... So, Death of Captain America/New Avengers anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Evans is signed through 3 more films. Avengers 2, then Cap 3 (presumably), and Avengers 3 (presumably). After that he has done some interviews saying he'll be done with acting. So a new Cap will come out after this.

Good though, a Winter Soldier movie can be awesome stuff. Just have to sign Scarlett Johanson down for 10+ years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Speaking of Winter Soldier, I can't find another appropriate place to put this, but it cracked me up:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw2X7XZ.jpg

Also, do you guys want me to split off this entire thing into its own thread, or just leave it here? Not sure if anyone wants to talk about anything else that's come out here recently, but this is the only movie I've seen in theaters in the last few months, since I'm broke as hell.

ExPostFacto wrote:

Post subject: Re: Marvel Movies
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:39 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Cool, I hate using spoiler tags.
I was wondering why they chose Baron Von Strucker as the guy to use in that scene and for Avengers 2, and I thought of something. They can't call Pietro or Wanda mutants, or make any mention of their super-villain dad, Magneto, Which seem like important parts of the characters to me. I remembered that Strucker has children in the comics, twins, who have powers(think he experimented on them before they were born or something and they may also have X-genes or whatever). That got me thinking that maybe to side-step the Magneto thing they are setting up Strucker to take his place in their story, maybe in the MCU he's their dad which I think works, let's them keep the whole "our dad is a bad guy" thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:59 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Neon Jackal wrote:
Cool, I hate using spoiler tags.
I was wondering why they chose Baron Von Strucker as the guy to use in that scene and for Avengers 2, and I thought of something. They can't call Pietro or Wanda mutants, or make any mention of their super-villain dad, Magneto, Which seem like important parts of the characters to me. I remembered that Strucker has children in the comics, twins, who have powers(think he experimented on them before they were born or something and they may also have X-genes or whatever). That got me thinking that maybe to side-step the Magneto thing they are setting up Strucker to take his place in their story, maybe in the MCU he's their dad which I think works, let's them keep the whole "our dad is a bad guy" thing.

I definitely don't mind that at all. I think its important to remember that the MCU is different than the 616 and Ultimate comic universes. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are IMPORTANT Avengers so they HAD to use them at some point. Mutant or not, but if thats the loophole they gotta make then by all means!

It still upsets me the whole Fox, Sony, Disney thing. They dont want to work together to make something even better than it is (mainly from Disney's end, but First Class and Amazing Spiderman were good so... ). Thats another topic completely.

I loved Winter Soldier, it was fantastic. I loved all the jokes and the characters and ffs, the Hydra thing was clever as fuck. I wonder if they will ever bring Red Skull back... That would be awesome.

Agents of SHIELD just went to 11 as well, but ill be in that thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I would like to see Red Skull again, Crossbones was in Winter Soldier and he's all buddy-buddy with Skull. We learnt that the Tesseract works as a portal, so maybe he's not as disintegrated as we thought...

Also, I just have to say, Amazing Spider-man was garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 pm 

I still haven't seen Amazing Spider-Man. On the one hand, I like the idea of a Sinister Six movie but I don't really care about the reboot...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Snifit wrote:
I still haven't seen Amazing Spider-Man. On the one hand, I like the idea of a Sinister Six movie but I don't really care about the reboot...

the reboot is good tho; villain is boring but the portrayal of parker/spidey is rly good

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Yeah, i really liked Amazing Spider-man. Spider-man acts REALLY true to the character, its amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I enjoyed the movie. What I don't like about it is that I'm never going to see Spidey in the Avengers.

But, fuck it, it's a good reboot, at least. Spiderman seems more snarky in this version, and I like him when he's snarky.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm 
The JZA, AKA Stank Digital

Nameless88 wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw2X7XZ.jpg

That part was pretty cute. Speaking of which, I like how they basically retconned Garry Shandling's asshole senator from Iron Man 2 into a Hydra guy. Makes his pursuit of Tony Stark more evil in hindsight. Also glad they made the connection with Hydra and Agent Sitwell and then got the fuck rid of him. That actor was awful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Guardians of the Galaxy was wonderful.

I loved Groot and Rocket, I think they kind of made the movie for me. The end credits scenes were amazing, too.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I saw Daft Punk in the background at one point. When they were in the bar and Rocket has kind of a melt down while he's drunk in the back right, I swear I saw a Daft Punk helmet.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:59 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Guardians was fantastic, loved pretty much all of it.

A bit disappointed that we didn't see any proper Novas doing Nova things, James Gunn said multiple times that Cosmo wasn't going to be in it AND HE FUCKING WAS AND HE WAS ADORABLE. Also, Howard the Duck, fuck yeah.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

I could see if I was 10-14 that film being my star wars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 am 

Guardians may end up being the most quotable Marvel m0ovie to date. I've already had entire conversations with that movie and I've only seen it once...so far.

I was really blown away by how good it was. A super solid action/sci-fi/comedy movie that had a LOT of Cosmic Marvel stuff in there. The Kree, Nova Corps, The Collector, Knowhere, Thanos, the Power Gem, Yondu, Korath the Pursuer, celestials, like...damn that's a lot of big idea stuff to toss into one movie and damn did it work. Damn it was a good movie. Just old school sci-fi fun as hell movie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:40 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

We're pretty much 1, maybe 2 gems away from a full Infinity Gauntlet now, that should be exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:03 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
We're pretty much 1, maybe 2 gems away from a full Infinity Gauntlet now, that should be exciting.

BOSS FIGHT MOVIE