neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WRESTLETHREAD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:28 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

that was insane

cena even locked in the stf properly for once

it was almost surreal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Right? You just sat there and thought "Okay, Cena is going to have to come back in a bit." and then around German Suplex number 12 and Cena is just sitting up looking completely out of it while Lesnar is like "I tried to make this easy on you." fucking laughing. You're left wondering what is going on. He sits up like Undertaker and laughs right after the Attitude Adjustment, stands up, and is like "lets touch fists and start another round boy". Just...wow.

The most surreal match I've seen in a long, long time.

Brock Lesnar in 2014 is pure domination. Every single match has just been "I'm going to fuck you up". Taker tried, but he didn't get much offense in, either. Big Show was just destroyed with a chair for 15 minutes (and man that was unsettling after about 7 minutes).

Also, again, props to Cena. That was a hell of a beating, and I know from experience and from peers telling me constantly, that is just not a move you should take too much in a career. Let alone 16+ times in a single night. He is sore as hell today, and if he wants it, deserves some time off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am 
KSK Mastermind

I just wish brock would actually wrestle during non PPV events.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Crashman wrote:
I just wish brock would actually wrestle during non PPV events.

I like Brock's schedule. It makes him wrestling a special thing. You have to see it because it won't happen every week. The backlash on, almost, everybody comes from seeing them in the main event all the time. Orton, Batista, Cena, etc, etc. It doesn't matter. If they're in the main event twice a week every week and then a ppv every month people can just get drained of them.

Hogan wrestled on television once every 3-4 months (maybe), and at a PPV. He did promos, maybe, every month. The guy was on television so little that when he had a match, it was a very special event. It's the same reason Undertaker, even at his age, had people interested in The Streak and his matches. It was your one time to see him over the last few years. It was a special moment.

I, also, enjoy Jericho's idea of "the tour". He'll come around for 3-4 months every year. It'll be "The Jericho Tour 20XX" and it is your chance to see him live. Then he'll go and rest up.

Make those title matches special. Instead of feeding people every month to a champ, build a motherfucker up. Make me think every challenger either A) has a chance, or B) is a worthy opponent. Instead of giving me the same match 2-3 PPVs in a row before you find someone else, or give a random guy a monthly shot because the PPV isn't as important as another.

I love when Brock shows up on Raw. You know then that things just got turned up to 11. When he wrestles, someone is getting fucked up. It is very much an "event".

-0-0-0

Side note: How great was Ambrose/Rollins? It is the little things. Ambrose was ON. The gun to Rollins' head. The super sad face and telling him "i didn't want to hurt you, brother." before kissing him then curb-stomping his face to the mat. Man...the psychopath works so well for him. The ability to convey "You broke my heart for your own selfish needs, and I never wanted to ever do this to you. I will have to destroy you for breaking our heart. I still care." throughout an entire match is just amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:53 pm 
KSK Mastermind

I love Ambrose. He's my favorite superstar right now.

i guess im just bitter because i dont watch the PPVs much. I want to get the WWE network. Guys, its only 9.99. Its a steal. I mean, sure i can't pay 9.99 right now, but when i do, it will just be 9.99. Thats hella cheap. I mean seriously... 9.99!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:39 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

"So Brock, you know there's other moves besides a German Suplex, right?"

"Why have hamburger when you can have steak?"

Kidding aside, that match was awesome. The whole payperview was pretty awesome apart from Rusev/Swagger, which seemed like a huge miscalculation on the writers' part...I get that the stakes go up the more Rusev wins, but like, there's a point of diminishing returns after which people are just going to stop caring, and I feel like we've reached it. Especially when you invite a bunch of national guardsmen to come watch the match, it just seems a bit weird to still have Rusev win.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:09 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Kidding aside, that match was awesome. The whole payperview was pretty awesome apart from Rusev/Swagger, which seemed like a huge miscalculation on the writers' part...I get that the stakes go up the more Rusev wins, but like, there's a point of diminishing returns after which people are just going to stop caring, and I feel like we've reached it. Especially when you invite a bunch of national guardsmen to come watch the match, it just seems a bit weird to still have Rusev win.

Although, maybe he gives John Cena something to do instead of just going at Brock until Lesnar kills him? I do love that, in kayfabe, Putin cares very much about Rusev's wins and it is a matter of great importance to him and Russia everytime he enters the WWE ring.

Also, as it comes to Ambrose.....

http://gfycat.com/HeartyImpressionableGrison

dude is going to be HUUUUUUUGE in a few months to a year. We're approaching a bottle gap. There is far too much talent in this company all at once (and more coming up). Some people are about to get very, very lost in this shuffle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 pm 
KSK Mastermind

Anyone see Lucha Underground?

I stumbled upon it last night and its this weird hour long wrestling deal that takes indy wrestlers and people from AAA. Two people i recognized were Chavo Guerrero Jr and Johnny Mundo who was John Morrison in WWE.

It was pretty interesting. The promo's were cut in a strange way that almost felt like a telenovela (which makes sense). The mat was REALLY loud for some reason. Also, there was a match with a Male wrestler versus a Female wrestler. I havent seen that in a while. Might be worth at least checking out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

I thought it was pretty bad

Prince Puma was cool tho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:37 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

NXT Takeover: (R)evolution

This was the pro wrestling show of the year. I don't care the company, the card, or anything. If you haven't sat and watched this on the network, go spend 2 hours and just enjoy how good this show was. It is a different level of magic. Seriously. Man. Ugh. My emotions. What a roller-coaster ride.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Bogey wrote:

This was the pro wrestling show of the year. I don't care the company, the card, or anything. If you haven't sat and watched this on the network, go spend 2 hours and just enjoy how good this show was. It is a different level of magic. Seriously. Man. Ugh. My emotions. What a roller-coaster ride.

It was amazing, especially Fin Balor, holy shit.
Honestly, in terms purely of wrestling and not like, storyline stuff, NXT might have an edge over RAW.

illblamesum1else wrote:
Etherean wrote:
Also...gypsies are cool! But don't piss them off...or they'll make you THINNER!!!! and then j00 diez

I think you're confusing gypsies with AIDS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:33 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Honestly, in terms purely of wrestling and not like, storyline stuff, NXT might have an edge over RAW.

I think it has it over the main roster on both. TLC just felt...ugh. Ambrose/Wyatt tried hard. Ziggler/Harper put themselves through hell. Everything else just made me feel meh.

Also, for viewers of lots of indy wrestling over the last decade, the final 30 seconds of NXT (R)evolution was complete magic and something we thought we'd never see. Let alone, something they'd see night one of Kevin Owens WWE career.

edit: Finn Balor hasn't even scratched the surface of the things he has done in the past. The guy is a f'n beast with his awesome body paint.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:00 am 
VAN DAMMAGE

Morte_The_Skull wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Might???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:18 am 
KSK Mastermind

I enjoyed TLC for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:31 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Sooooooo.....holy shit

Daniel Bryan is totally winning the Royal Rumble

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar WM31

wow.

That Raw wasn't too bad and decently surprising. How about that Seth Rollins?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:34 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

I went to a house show instead, fuck RAW

I got to see Tyler Breeze, Sasha Banks and Charlotte

Also how can you be so sure, it would be the most logical decision but this is WWE we're talking about here and there's no indication Vince hasn't stopped jerking off to Roman Reigns

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:28 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

TheBatman wrote:
I went to a house show instead, fuck RAW

I got to see Tyler Breeze, Sasha Banks and Charlotte

Also how can you be so sure, it would be the most logical decision but this is WWE we're talking about here and there's no indication Vince hasn't stopped jerking off to Roman Reigns

Actually, I think it's going to be Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan. Either Lesnar wins, and rollins cashes in, or Cena wins and Rollins cashes in. I think Heyman turning on Lesnar, after winning, and being "The one, behind the one, who defeated the one, who is the one, in twenty-one and one" would be pretty darn good. Especially letting it lead into the Authority's golden boy vs. the B+ player.

Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan would, also, be about as close to a guaranteed wrestlemania classic as one could pencil in.

Yeah, going to a Raw or Smackdown isn't that much fun. Lots of promos. House shows are better. Almost all action. Always fun. Might I suggest checking out a PWG or ROH show if they're in your neighborhood, too? Always, always have great action. Bonus: Chances are a handful of guys will be in the WWE in a few years.