neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not my batman?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:07 pm 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

yeah, that was what I've been saying since they dropped that affleck was gonna be the new dark knight. Finally saw the movie cuz we were bored. Maybe it was the lowered expectations, maybe it was the cough syrup, but wow! The batman fight at the end of the film was-in my humble opinion-the best movie batman BEATDOWN yet! It seriously watched like I was playing Batman:Arkham city (with the electric pounch as my better half calls it).

Overall I dug the gritty batman portrayal and dammit if Afflack did a good job. Pleasantly surprised by the first half of the movie. After he and supes make up it was another unremarkable blockbuster whatever. First half is solid.

Post subject: Re: Not my batman?
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:13 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

I liked it, except that Batman shooting people in the face felt weiiird.

I sorta feel like this Batman was having a nervous breakdown because Aliens Did 9/11 in this DC Universe, basically, and it just broke his brain, basically.

That being said, I'm looking forward to where everything is going with that storyline. I think Justice League will actually be pretty good.

And Wonder Woman kind of stole the show for me. She was bad ass.

But, yeah, I liked Ben Affleck as Batman...but overall, the movie was kind of underwhelming?

Like, maybe I've just been spoiled by how amazing the Marvel Cinematic Universe is. It wasn't a bad movie. I've seen much worse Batman movies (cough, ice to meet you, cough cough), but I felt like it could've been handled better, too.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

Post subject: Re: Not my batman?
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

That movie was a mess. I don't think Snyder adding 40 minutes to that hot mess will help it. I'm not even sure I want to watch that.

Affleck is a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. He was easily the highlight of the film. I don't mind the shooting aspect, but I'm accepting that Snyder wants a dark, gritty, nothing is sacred, and everything is gloomy world. The first introduction to Batman in this film is fantastic. It was creepy and tense. After that, man...I don't know what the hell went down with this film. You could've almost fully cut Amy Adams out, the Justice League stuff seemed like after credits stuff, and yeah...that film.

Hopefully DC can pick their universe back up. I'm still looking forward to Suicide Squad being entertaining.