neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:56 am 
The Supreme High Lord of the Sniff

Saw this yesterday and I'm still on the high from it. Fantastic movie. Logical connections to the earlier movies in the whole MCU. Takes the basic idea of the comic but adapts it to the movie world and somehow finds a way to be an incredibly small scale personal story among all the worldbuilding (seriously, some shit goes DOWN in this) and big names popping in.

I really wanna gush, discuss, and dissect with people but don't wanna spoil anything so...anybody else seen it?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:39 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

I saw it like a week ago and I still can't stop thinking about it.
That Spidey v Falcon/Bucky fight was fantastic

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:18 am 

Oh man, EVERYTHING Spidey was fantastic. Really absolutely nailed it. Ive seen a lot of people be critical about Marissa Tomei as Aunt May because 'she's too young' but if they're going with a super young Peter Parker, they need a super yound Aunt May and I'm really interested to see that sort of single New York mom approach

That whole airport scene may be one of the best action scenes of all time. Everybody got their moment to shine. Everybody got to kick ass. There tons of great small moments.
Spidey and Cap talking while he's holding up the weight. The Ant-Man arrow. Clint and Nat joking while fighting. Black Panther raking his nails down the shield. Mother fucking Giant-Man.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:07 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

It did everything right in a Vs movie that Batman Vs Superman did wrong.

Seriously, you could make a Goofus and Gallant comic out of this shit, haha

The reason for their conflict was a clear story arc that's been developing over several movies, and instead of doing the tired old cliche of them banding together again and being buds to fight against a common enemy, they turn that shit on its head. And that last fight was brutal.

Left me just feeling super conflicted, too, you know? Like, neither of them are wrong for what they're doing, and it's watching old friends beat the shit out of each other for...well, for what?

And every character in the movie, they could've made it be a completely busy mess, but Black Panther and Spidey felt really organic to the story and are maybe the best parts of the movie.

The ONLY thing that I'm disappointed about was the government's reasonings for why they needed a superhero registration act. "You guys remember New York? Boy did you fuck that up!" Uuuh, bitch, you motherfuckers were about to drop a nuke on 11 million civilians. Leaving that part strangely out of the whole "superheroes don't give a fuck about collateral damage" argument, aren't'cha?

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate how many different movies from the MCU they tied together with this? Even The Incredible Hulk got a nod because Ross is the Secretary of fucking State now. Like..way to climb the political ladder, dude, shiit.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:46 pm 

That's one thing I loved about the movie over the original comic. In the comic, Tony had a decent stance but just made every wrong decision. It was very clear who was the 'right' side. The movie had a lot more gray area to it and everybody was in the right and wrong at some point .

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

It made each side much more sympathetic, and Roades getting hurt, that was a friendly fire, so no one can be really upset about that, it's just sorta...a shitty thing that happened..

I really want to read the actual story arc now, too, because I read the original comic back in the day, but I never really got any further than that.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:23 am 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

*skips to the bottom*

didn't look. All my buds agree it's a badass flick. I'm gonna see it asap. I've been waiting for a live action T'challa since I was . . . 10?

T'CHALLA! Prince of Zamunda! Yup, that's accurate.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 am 

Mariorg wrote:

This cracks me up mainly because I was talking at work with a guy about this movie. My other coworker was kind of listening in. He's not a huge superhero fan so he started asking about all the characters in it. When he got to Black Panther my friend said "You ever see Coming to America? Imagine that but he's Batman"

It really is a pretty good description.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:47 pm 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

T'challa fro Lyphe! The King is my dog(cat), and they nailed it! Antman, so good!

Saw it at Imax. Still kinda creeped out that he made out with his ex girlf's niece. Does that make me uptight?

To me that was the most accurate portrayal of the comic book spiderman/peter parker yet. Smartassy while kicking ass.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:54 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

It was great. One of my favorite parts, that pays dividends in the future, is the fact we're done with the Spidey origin story. It's over. Ben is already dead, he is already Spider-manning, and we have how he got his suit. Now we get a movie that is just a Spiderman movie. No origin story needed. That shit was done in 10 minutes.

I, also, really like the fact Cap and Stark still have their issues. Cap knows that they need to fight together and they need to talk, but he is walking away until Tony is ready. It's Tony's call. Now, they'll still be at odds, but they'll work together when they need to. The guys will still fight, disagree, and argue, but they know they might need to put that aside. I'm kind of hoping that the Infinity War reveals that Coulson and Fury are still alive. Because I really want to see how all these characters handle that.

Seriously, that is a fantastic film. I was worried about one film handling that many characters, but now the Russo Brothers have my full trust in the Infinity Wars.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:53 pm 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

Bogey wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that the Infinity War reveals that Coulson and Fury are still alive. Because I really want to see how all these characters handle that.

Kind of sick of them pretending "it's all connected". The movie guys try their hardest to pretend the TV stuff doesn't even exist.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:10 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Neon Jackal wrote:
Bogey wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that the Infinity War reveals that Coulson and Fury are still alive. Because I really want to see how all these characters handle that.

Kind of sick of them pretending "it's all connected". The movie guys try their hardest to pretend the TV stuff doesn't even exist.

The problem is...they can't connect all of it. Daredevil would look super out of place in the Marvel movies with how gritty he can be. I'd love to see them do it successfully, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:59 pm 
Pork Town NESkimo
Pork Town NESkimo

Snifit wrote:
Mariorg wrote:

When he got to Black Panther my friend said "You ever see Coming to America? Imagine that but he's Batman"

It really is a pretty good description.

:buddy: Holy shit Snif, how did I miss that quote? That's the best summation of T'challa I dun ever hird

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:31 am 
Microgoomba
Microgoomba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:29 am 
Angry Sun
Angry Sun

sarah1690 wrote:

It's almost been two months and I'm still thinking about it.