neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Simpsons World
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Remember when FXX did that Simpson's marathon when they got the rights? Well, they launched Simpsons World. It's an on-damand hub for every episode ever. Now, that is cool, and it is fun...but the website has an awesome feature.

simpsonsworld.com

They feature channels. Each channel has different themes and such, but it helps create a place you can click and it'll just stream episodes. My two favorite are KrustyLand Studios (David Silverman's Favorite Episodes) and Going Old School (Simpsons episodes in original 4:3 not cut and reframed for widescreen tv).

It's pretty great. If you happen to still have cable (I use my dad's account) you should check it out big time if you enjoy your Simpsons viewing.

Post subject: Re: Simpsons World
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:47 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Woah, sweet, it's just available with cable that gets FXX?

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:04 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
Woah, sweet, it's just available with cable that gets FXX?

Possibly? Or, also, just FX? Being as my dad has both, I don't have those specifics. But it's a really nice way to have some random Simpsons episodes playing while you're doing something else. Just like late nights during my childhood. : swoon :

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:07 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Apparently I get FXX, and I've been watching the shit out of episodes on there now.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've been meaning to rewatch old episodes of this show for years now, but never wanted to torrent a bunch of them, or buy like 26 seasons of DVDs.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

Nameless88 wrote:
buy like 26 seasons of DVDs.

Shitty nerd complaint about that from me. They stopped at about season 16 or 17 (Otto on the cover). They announced they were done releasing physical DVDs/Blurays since they had Simpsons World. So I have this collection of 16 seasons (held off on Season 20 because I wanted a proper one with commentary and such), that will never be complete. Although, they've stated they might create a limited edition "Complete Collection" set once the series wraps up. Which would require me buying 16 seasons of discs again...it sucks.

Simpsons World is sweet, though. I really, really like the 4:3 channel. My biggest complaint about FXX "HD-ing" the old episodes is how they cropped all of them so people no longer had bars on the sides of their screens. Cutting off the bottom and top of some of the animations can be maddening. You never see Marge's hair end, sometimes Maggie is half cutoff. I know they went through and hand selected what parts to crop, but it is a bummer.

4:3 channel is best (next to the "favorite episodes of writer here" section). Those channels...so good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:49 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Just going back and rewatching episodes that I hadn't seen in like 15 years was awesome.

It's just been a fantastic trip down memory lane to watch all this stuff over again.

Also, I hadn't even noticed that switched it all to HD formatting. I'll have to look out for the 4:3 formatting when I'm watching episodes on there again.

ExPostFacto wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:05 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

So it turns out, if you go to pick individual episodes, you can choose HD widescreen or 4:3. HD widescreen is fine, as they worked to cut the most unnecessary portions of the screen possible, but it does hinder a few visual gags. Also, it seems odd how many of them have their heads or hands cut off as they're making motion and moving around. I just really enjoy 4:3 for the full, original way it was animated.