neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

So, my friends and I started a production company about a year and half ago and filmed a 3 episode miniseries over the summer of 07. Two of the episodes are 100% complete and the 3rd has the first 5 minutes completely edited. Considering the $0 budget, I think the series has turned out very well. This summer, we will be making short films, a la Whitest Kids You Know, Derrickcomedy, The Lonely Island, etc. We are hoping to churn out a short each week of the summer, if possible.

Anyway, our website is finally up and running.
http://www.lastplaceproductions.com

None of the videos are up as of yet, but we are hoping to have the first episode of Life as They Know It as well as a mock-ghosthunters episode that we did for a school project up by the end of next week. The forums are currently up and running and if we gain enough members, we will eventually split the general section into different categories, much like these boards here, with a board for games, music, and of course movies.

I will be using this thread to update you guys on the status and content of the site, so check back to see when we have some videos up!

EDIT: also, i am keb4588 on there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:03 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

BUMPED

Still no videos up yet (technical difficulties ftl) but here is a poster for Life As They Know It.

Also, our forums are boring. Noone posts on them. More people need to join. Flud, I am assuming you were among the people who never got the confirmation e-mail. That issue is currently being worked on, possibly fixed by now. Hopefully soon I will be updating to say that content will finally be up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:45 am 
Boo Diddly
Boo Diddly

Ah, a fellow film-maker. I'll check into in later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:04 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

We are filming a short called "Competetive Dating" on wednesday. I don't think its anything TOO special, but its pretty good for our first short.

I have just begun writing a short called "Devil's Hell," scheduled to shoot next wednesday. It's a bit tough to write though, because it is an idea I have had for a while, but I pictured it being a feature length film. So, to try to adapt the idea into a script that we can shoot in one day is proving to be very difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:38 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

bump again. Sorry for the excessive whoring but whatever brings attention....

Dfraz just uploaded a teaser trailer that he made a while back. It is viewable both on our forum and on youtube here. It's basically random clips set to music (we made this BEFORE balls of fury whored the hell out of this song... seems to be a reocurring theme with our choice of music...) Anyway, check it out, because it has a few outtakes (not that you can hear the dialogue anyway) and footage from an episode we never completed because someone broke their foot (including a shot of when he broke his foot! see if you can find it!) and some shots from a short we made before actually starting the series itself, using the same characters acting out scenes from their favorite movies.

Dfraz is hoping to have the first 2 episodes up by Sunday. We'll see how that goes. I will keep this up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:09 pm 
VAN DAMMAGE

Interesting.

hurry up jeez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:46 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

Our first short film is finally up. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good considering the single day shooting schedule we're following and the fact that it is the first scripted project we've shot since last summer. I personally think it turned out to be decent, considering the male leads backed out last minute and we scrambled to get just about anyone to do it. We will improve over the course of the summer, hopefully bringing many enjoyable short films, and even more hopefully, Life As They Know It will FINALLY see a public audience.

This short is titled "Competitive Dating" and can be found on our site, www.lastplaceproductions.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:50 am 
Thwomp
Thwomp

Small pet peeve: Jaime looked at the camera, only like twice for a millisecond but if the audience notices it it needs to be nixed.

Also the actor for Ben did a really good job in my mind, especially if you wrangled him up at the last second.

I can't explain why but the dialogue in the car at the end between the two girls felt alot more organic and natural just in cadence and flow than alot of the other conversations.

Good trope usage on the two scene one dialogue. It worked fairly well for something that's usually falls fairly flat. Hmmm what else, seemed fairly good for the bedroom conversation elapsed time scene.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 am 
Angry Star
Angry Star

the chat between the guys before the girls got there seemed a little stiff, and the chat before the girls got downstairs wasn't too good either, everything else after that was fine, I didn't notice the camera glances, it was pretty good overall, although the ending was kinda sappy and unbelievable

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:50 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Again, it's the first of the summer, so the little problems that are pointed out will be looked into and we will pay closer attention to them in future projects. The dialogue between the guys was a little stale because the guy playing Jason literally had no acting experience and only volunteered to help with small roles, but we had no other choice when the original choices for Jason and Ben backed out (we filmed this 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and the 2 original choices work at gamestop... they wanted to sleep all day before working the midnight opening for mgs4)

Comments are greatly appreciated. They really help out with pointing out mistakes we didnt notice ourselves, and will help us correct them in the future.

The next short to be uploaded might be up by this time next week if it is edited quick enough. It's one that I wrote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

will there be zombies?

also I forgot to add "Stacy" has a sweet fucking rack

Also, really hope the soundtrack CD for the movie is the stuff from the actual movie, because this might be the first soundtrack I've actually bought from a movie since like...fucking Pokemon The First Movie. Yeah, I bought it, I was like 12 when it came out, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Blackman! wrote:
will there be zombies?

also I forgot to add "Stacy" has a sweet fucking rack

at some point, yes. one of the actors from our next short is currently writing a zombie flick and wants our help in shooting it when it's ready. think shaun of the dead meets robot chicken.

Also, footage exists of jaime grabbing stacys tit. and when ben and jaime are coming back from upstairs and you see jason and stacy sitting on the couch talking, that took a few takes to do because scott (jason) kept making himself and brittany (stacy) laugh with what he was saying. Each take, jason was quietly describing the different STDs he has had. You can hear him very faintly say something like "so i had to go back to the doctor AGAIN...."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

Bump again, for new content.

"Devil's Hell," written by yours truly, has been added to the site. A few minor sound problems here and there, but I think it is clear that we are improving technically from Competitive Dating.

It's about the human forms of God and Satan (with a scene or two with Seth, the grim reaper.) Watch what happens when Stan goes on a date...

So far, the few people that have seen it have loved it, so I'm hoping you guys enjoy it as well.

www.lastplaceproductions.com

http://lastplaceproductions.com/page.php?id=12 leads directly to the page with the new movie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 pm 
Angry Star
Angry Star

somehow i managed to never see this thread until now. I'll have to check everything out when I get home from work.

To ninja: I might not have mentioned this yet, but I'm only working here to raise capital for my own film production company, which I will finally be registering sometime this week, just prior to the purchase of some hardware. With amazing timing, I've also finally, out of the blue, decided on the name, which is something along the lines of Chromanaut Productions. The first thing I'm working on is a multi-part experimental short film which is mostly already written, designed to teach myself how to use the new software and equipment I will be using, and to find out who are my most reliable actor/musician/etc contacts. I have set myself a deadline of finishing part 1 before 2009, by which time i will also be working for a friends company filming and editing their extreme, death defying shenanigans, assuming I don't die in the process. After that I can work on some of my laboriously written and highly polished post-modern and hopefully audience-anagnorisis inducing excrement.

Based on this, in 2010 I can apply for the australian film, television and radio school, if I still want to.

Image i dreamed that I fucked my cat. She had big human arms and force fed me the medicine I've been force feeding her for the last two weeks. Then she forced me to sit on her lap so she could pet me to assure me she still loves me.
Nameless88 wrote:
Also, Gimp, I can see your dick from my house

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 am 
I got bann3ded!!1

yes, this thread is severely lacking in feedback. please, everyone tell me what you think (try to keep criticism constructive.) We threw a podcast we did up onto the site in the about us section, and we have 2 shorts up. also, our forums are a great place to leave feedback as well. PLEASE join and let us know what you think. If you enjoy it, tell friends. Sites like these grow mainly on the power of word of mouth.

We have completely filmed 6 shorts (the 3rd of which is in the editing process) with 4 more expected to film by the end of the summer. Things will then slow down a bit more when school starts, as we will only be meeting once a week instead of the twice a week that we follow now.

John (JL32BiT on the forums) hopes to soon have a games section up with games designed by us. He will do all the programming. This may be started during the school year when we arent as busy with filming.

But again, watch the films and please let us know what you think. I cannot stress enough how much feedback means to us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:36 pm 
Pirahna Plant
Pirahna Plant

Just a slight update in case anyone is interested. Got a new Video up called The Morning After as well as two podcasts. There is going to be another video up very soon(possibly even today). So check it out.

and thanks for the comment about how great of an actor i am. (i played Ben)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:28 pm 
I got bann3ded!!1

holy shit, you posted. poast moar.