neskimos.com

celebrating controller thumb for 00001100 years.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Okay, so, I'm thinking about it, and it's very possible that I'm gonna be doing a Watchmen Cosplay with my sister and a couple of friends. I've already sorta mentioned it in passing to a few of the local guys, but, just for the hell of it, I figured I'd ask everyone on here if they wanted to get in on it, too.

Right now, the only definites we have are me going as Rorschach and my sister going as Silk Spectre II. We'd still need a Night Owl II, Ozymandias (have a big "maybe" for someone on that one), Doctor Manhattan, and The Comedian.

So, if anyone local or kinda close to Florida wants in on it, what we're kinda shooting for is next Megacon, but we might premier it at JaniCon (I think I spelled that right), it's this tiny con up in Jacksonville in November.

So, if anyone wants in, or has ideas for what the costumes should be like, let me know. Thanks!

Here's some basic concepts I have right now for my Rorschach: 3 or 4 masks for myself, maybe even a dozen so I can change them randomly at the Con to give it the illusion that my mask is changing. Sugar Cubes, wrapped in green tinfoil. A green journal that I'll occasionally pull out and right in. I might even dye my hair red for this one, too, I haven't decided yet.

Oh, also, if this would be better in another forum, feel free to move it. I wasn't sure where this would fit in, exactly.

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 am 
Dragon Slaying NESkimite

I thought you *had* red hair.

Sounds epic win, though. PLZ PIX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 am 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

Nah, my facial hair is kinda growing in reddish, though. But my hair's sorta a dirty blond color.

I'll definitely post pics when I get a costume together. If anyone's got some good tips, lemme know. Like, where would I find some black/purple pinstriped pants? lol

ExPostFacto wrote:
For someone who uses the ":3" emoticon way too much you're a scary motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:53 am 
Shredder's Biggest Fan

:awesome: An old trick from the 80's...dye your hair red with Kool-Aid. It's cheap, and will come out easily afterwards!

You could look on the internet for the pants. OR if you want to get out more and maybe meet a cute girl--visit thrift shops...you could score twice!! You could buy a pair of black and white striped pants and then dye them. The black will stay black (maybe even become more deep black) and the white will be purple.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm 
Nameless NESkomic Artist

The Kool-Aid might work, only problem is: I'm gonna be wearing a mask all day, and a hat over the mask, too, so it's very possible that I'm gonna get sweaty inside there and it'll bleed off if it can.

Also, Thrift Store sounds good. I'll definitely be doing that for the Fedora and Trenchcoat.

ExPostFacto wrote: